5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tire pressure for Rebel with 37s

Mikejones11

Reaction score
I’m currently running 37x12.5x20 Nitto ridge grappler’s on my 2020. Anyone with close to the same set up what are you running for tire pressures. I use the search function but did not find a clear answer

Chris VB

Reaction score
I’ve got Toyo M/Ts 37x13.5 R24 and they are 65 psi. Your ridge grapplers are most likely the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeeper

Reaction score
View attachment 85395
Yep 65 psi. Here’s a chart for you brother ;)

holy crap....that seems crazy high. I have run 37's for years on my Wranglers and typically run 28-32 on the street. Any higher and the ride is horrible and tire wear is awful. Contact patch is more important than psi ( for tire wear anyways )

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

Chris VB

Reaction score
holy crap....that seems crazy high. I have run 37's for years on my Wranglers and typically run 28-32 on the street. Any higher and the ride is horrible and tire wear is awful. Contact patch is more important than psi ( for tire wear anyways )

For sure, sorry misread. Chart only provided max psi. (Which you already knew lol) Just checked all mine and 32 -33 psi. That’s was done by 4wheelparts burlington. About 3 weeks ago.

Mikejones11

Reaction score
I have them all at 50 and aired them down to 40 and the fronts look like they stared to bulge out like they were low. Like to much weight and not enough pressure

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You can use this tire pressure calculator. Input the OEM tire size, load rating, and pressure, and provide the same info (other than pressure) for the new tire, and it’ll give a recommended pressure appropriate for the sake load.

Jeeper

Reaction score
I have them all at 50 and aired them down to 40 and the fronts look like they stared to bulge out like they were low. Like to much weight and not enough pressure
do the "chalk" test to see how much true contact your tires are making under load

Troop2865

Reaction score
I agree on the chalk test. I have 35-12.50-18's. Even though they are rated for I believe 65 PSI, I read on Nitto's web site a couple of years ago where someone asked about pressures for a half ton truck. I believe they recommended 32-35 unless loaded heavy. I run about 35. They seem to be wearing evenly and the ride is good.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If you check with any tire manufacturer, they always state to run the pressure at the door sticker, which for a Rebel is 55F / 45R. Obviously you have a completely different size tire and probably construction than the factory one, so that may not match anyways.

However, if you put your pressure below 50F and 40R, you will get a pressure warning on your dash unless you have a tuner to adjust that.

Users who are viewing this thread