5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tire pressure for larger tires.

Sbrad

Reaction score
I upgraded my tire size on my Rebel from the 275/70/18 to 285/75/18. I have two questions following this upgrade. What tire pressure to run with the new size? I ran the recommended 55/45 pressure on the previous set and got 67,000 plus miles on them. Secondly, I need to calibrate the speedometer and the TPS’s. Dealership or purchase a OBD? Thanks!

mplaramie

Reaction score
I upgraded my tire size on my Rebel from the 275/70/18 to 285/75/18. I have two questions following this upgrade. What tire pressure to run with the new size? I ran the recommended 55/45 pressure on the previous set and got 67,000 plus miles on them. Secondly, I need to calibrate the speedometer and the TPS’s. Dealership or purchase a OBD? Thanks!
Purchase an OBD like Alpha or Jscan. If you do, you will need the Chysler SBC.

For the tire pressure, do a chalk test. This way you get the tire pressure perfect for your Ram.

Sbrad

Reaction score
Purchase an OBD like Alpha or Jscan. If you do, you will need the Chysler SBC.

For the tire pressure, do a chalk test. This way you get the tire pressure perfect for your Ram.
Thanks, I just ordered the VLinker MC+ along with the cable. Still reading about the chalk test.

Users who are viewing this thread