5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tire pressure for 22” wheels

MoPAR_Ram_R/T

Reaction score
I bought my Ram used and the previous owner had already put 22” wheels on it with Nitto 420V 305/45 tires. I’m thinking the 39 PSI listed on the door for the 20” is a little low. If you’re running a wheel tire combo similar to mine, what air pressure are you using? I’m thinking 42-45 would be optimal.

Orion10182011

Reaction score
Pretty sure that 39 PSI is higher than what's recomended for my truck with 20" wheels. Think mine is like 35 not sure off the top of my head.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You don't go strictly by wheel size for tire pressure, you go by the tires you have installed on those wheels. If you are running tires other than what the truck came with, go with the recommended pressure that's on the tire sidewall, not the sticker on the door jam. It's likely that your TPMS system will need to be reprogrammed for the tires you're now using.

xspeedy

Reaction score
T
You don't go strictly by wheel size for tire pressure, you go by the tires you have installed on those wheels. If you are running tires other than what the truck came with, go with the recommended pressure that's on the tire sidewall, not the sticker on the door jam. It's likely that your TPMS system will need to be reprogrammed for the tires you're now using.
The sidewall is usually the maximum pressure, not recommended (unless you are a tree hugger). You may want to take that number and drop it some five pounds or so. Tune it to what you like.

Users who are viewing this thread