5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tire Pressure Calculation

jadatis

Reaction score
Sorry, but I am a but as a self-declared tire pressure idiot, I have to say that I am confused by what you are asking for.
Yust look at sidewall of old ( if you still have them) and new LT tires for the 3 things, and give it here. Then in my answer I explain further.

Then if you also search for GAWR's and GVWR ( Gross Axle/Vehicle Weight Rating), empty weight, and the way you load it with als the persons, animals and luggage, I will dangerously estimate the axleloads for that, and give advice pressure with maximum reserve, at wich comfort and gripp is still acceptable.
He's asking for your info so he can manually calculate your new tire pressure, and give you the same answer as the online Calculator.

Personally, I'm going a little lower on the rears, since I don't have the box loaded.
Thanks for the help.
But my answer is not totally the same as the online calculator.
I build in that max reserve, online calculator does not.
And I use an even tighter formula then the official used European formula, to my conclusions closer to ideal to laws of nature, so leads to higher pressures, even if no reserves included.
Got hold of this European formula and system end 2007, and went running with it. Got wiser in time, by reacting on fora, and asking people who knew more about it.

Users who are viewing this thread