5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tire Fill Assist?

ChryslerVette

Reaction score
Okay I'm A dummy, but what does tire fill assist do? I found it in my settings screen. I checked the box ,but I have no idea what it is or does! I looked in the owners manual and could not find a thing about it. A little help please.

Rick J

Reaction score
Okay I'm A dummy, but what does tire fill assist do? I found it in my settings screen. I checked the box ,but I have no idea what it is or does! I looked in the owners manual and could not find a thing about it. A little help please.
It's actually called Tire Fill Alert in the 1500 owners manual: Don't understand the change in terminology :(

Tire Fill Alert
This feature notifies the user when the placard tire pressure is attained while inflating or deflating the tire. The customer may choose to disable or enable the Tire Fill Alert feature through use of the customer settings in the radio.
NOTE:
• Only one tire can be filled at a time when using the Tire Fill Alert system.
• The Tire Fill Alert feature cannot be entered if an existing TPM system fault is set to “active” or if the system is in deactivation mode (if equipped).
The system will be activated when there is over 1.5 psi (10 kPa) of change in tire pressure.
The ignition must be in the RUN mode, with the transmission in PARK (P).
NOTE: It is not required to have the engine running to enter Tire Fill Alert mode.
The hazard lamps will come on to confirm the vehicle is in
Tire Fill Alert mode.
When Tire Fill Alert Mode is entered, the tire pressure display screen will be displayed in the instrument cluster.
Operation:
• The horn will chirp to let the user know when to stop filling the tire, when it reaches recommended pressure.

ChryslerVette

Reaction score
It's actually called Tire Fill Alert in the 1500 owners manual: Don't understand the change in terminology :(

Tire Fill Alert
This feature notifies the user when the placard tire pressure is attained while inflating or deflating the tire. The customer may choose to disable or enable the Tire Fill Alert feature through use of the customer settings in the radio.
NOTE:
• Only one tire can be filled at a time when using the Tire Fill Alert system.
• The Tire Fill Alert feature cannot be entered if an existing TPM system fault is set to “active” or if the system is in deactivation mode (if equipped).
The system will be activated when there is over 1.5 psi (10 kPa) of change in tire pressure.
The ignition must be in the RUN mode, with the transmission in PARK (P).
NOTE: It is not required to have the engine running to enter Tire Fill Alert mode.
The hazard lamps will come on to confirm the vehicle is in
Tire Fill Alert mode.
When Tire Fill Alert Mode is entered, the tire pressure display screen will be displayed in the instrument cluster.
Operation:
• The horn will chirp to let the user know when to stop filling the tire, when it reaches recommended pressure.
Sorry, you are correct It's called Tire Fill Alert. It was late and I had just gotten off work. Thanks for the information.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In the first video the person implies that the Tire Fill Alert is only on 1500 Limiteds. Is that true?

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 044934 miles.

ChryslerVette

Reaction score
In the first video the person implies that the Tire Fill Alert is only on 1500 Limiteds. Is that true?

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 044934 miles.
I own a 2019 Ram 1500 Hemi quad cab 4x4 Bighorn. I saw the option for tire fill alert in my settings screen, so I assume that I have the option. However, I haven't tried it out yet.

ChPeter

Reaction score
It works on my ‘19 Laramie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Works on my 2020 Rebel...but does not alert on the back tires where the recommended PSI is 45. I recently filled the front to the recommended 55 PSI and the alert worked as described. I went and topped off the back and no alert and I ended up beyond 45 (but less than 55). Does anybody know if it is supposed to alert on both recommended tire fill levels?

Rsorrell2

Reaction score
I have it with the 2020 crew Laramie, but have not used it.

I can see if you are at a place that does not have a gauge on the hose that it might help, but otherwise it seems like to much work for me. Otherwise a lot to remember and do to use ut

I have a small air pressure gage I keep in the truck and have a very good one on my air hose.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I can see if you are at a place that does not have a gauge on the hose that it might help, but otherwise it seems like to much work for me. Otherwise a lot to remember and do to use ut

I have a small air pressure gage I keep in the truck and have a very good one on my air hose.
Unless I am missing something it just works. Bend over, fill your tires and the horn beeps when they are full. My previous car had it and I had no idea...one winter I am filling the tires and I keep hearing a car honking. Look around to see if I am in somebody's way...nope, keep filling and car horn keeps honking. WTH right?!?! Lady comes out of the store and says 'that's you I think the tires are full'. LOL! THAT is how I learned about that feature. :cool:

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wow. I didn't even know my truck had this. I'm no Luudite, and I can see where this could be useful if you were at a station with a missing gauge, but frankly I think the world is getting so ****ing dumb that pretty soon you'll need an instruction manual to take a ****!

I have a Kia Soul that I bought new almost 9 years ago that I use to commute to work. It's a 6 speed manual (I drove manuals all my life). They put this thing in the hydraulic clutch line to slow down the return of hydraulic fluid from the slave back to the master, ostensibly for people who don't know how to drive a manual transmission very well. Which makes those of us that do know how to drive one look like fools, because instead of the clutch engaging when/where you think it should (i.e. I took my foot off the freaking pedal), it engages where the speed of the spring thinks it should. Coupled with a poor gear ratio, I stalled this car out more times in the first year than I did with all other cars I had in my entire life, thanks to this "technological" improvement.

Anyway, I didn't come here to **** on this feature so carry on :) It just reminded me that technology improvements can really be a diminishing value.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Dammit! What's a matter with you, thinking ahead and keeping your own gauge in the truck? Don't you know that pre-planning is for chumps these days? :LOL:

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just another computer assisted system to fail... In a couple years ( end of warranty) I will be wishing I still had my 72’’ F100 4 speed as far as maintenance goes...

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wow. I didn't even know my truck had this. I'm no Luudite, and I can see where this could be useful if you were at a station with a missing gauge, but frankly I think the world is getting so ****ing dumb that pretty soon you'll need an instruction manual to take a ****!

I have a Kia Soul that I bought new almost 9 years ago that I use to commute to work. It's a 6 speed manual (I drove manuals all my life). They put this thing in the hydraulic clutch line to slow down the return of hydraulic fluid from the slave back to the master, ostensibly for people who don't know how to drive a manual transmission very well. Which makes those of us that do know how to drive one look like fools, because instead of the clutch engaging when/where you think it should (i.e. I took my foot off the freaking pedal), it engages where the speed of the spring thinks it should. Coupled with a poor gear ratio, I stalled this car out more times in the first year than I did with all other cars I had in my entire life, thanks to this "technological" improvement.

Anyway, I didn't come here to **** on this feature so carry on :) It just reminded me that technology improvements can really be a diminishing value.
I saw a Jeep one day that had a rear tire cover that said, "Equipped with a Millennial Anti-theft Device," with a graphic of the manual shift pattern. I thought that was cute, probably accurate, too.

Best regards,
Dusty

cubsfaninsc

Reaction score
I have the Tire Fill Alert on my build sheet, yet I don't have the setting on my 12 inch screen? Is this something the dealer can flash onto it?

ram!TH@rd

Reaction score

So So true..

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I saw a Jeep one day that had a rear tire cover that said, "Equipped with a Millennial Anti-theft Device," with a graphic of the manual shift pattern. I thought that was cute, probably accurate, too.

Best regards,
Dusty
I like it. :ROFLMAO: Although I know plenty of gen-x'ers who can't drive a manual either LOL.
My kids are both millennials, but I taught them both to drive a manual before allowing them to drive anything with an automatic. The first time my son got into a car with an automatic he was like, "is that all you have to do to drive this thing?".

The 2017 Rebel I used to own had tire fill alert, and I used it a few times. My current Laramie also has it, but I haven't tried it yet. I'm not even sure if it's activated because I've never had to add air in the 15 months I've owned it.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
...I think the world is getting so ****ing dumb that pretty soon you'll need an instruction manual to take a ****!
The real scary part is some people already need instruction.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 044959 miles.

Users who are viewing this thread