5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tire choice for 2019 Rebel

MandoDane

Reaction score
It’s almost time for some new tires. Debating between another set of Goodyear Duratrac or change to BFG All-Terrain T/A KO2. Has anyone put on BFGs? Any recommendations?

Thanks for any insight!

raygun9

Reaction score
interested in opinions also...

FWIW I had multiple sets of KO2s on my gen 4 and loved them.

MandoDane

Reaction score
interested in opinions also...

FWIW I had multiple sets of KO2s on my gen 4 and loved them.
Thanks for the recommendation. I think I may be leaning that way. How was the tread life and road noise? My Duratracs are a touch loud.

raygun9

Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendation. I think I may be leaning that way. How was the tread life and road noise? My Duratracs are a touch loud.
The stock size road great, got about 65k before I did the level and bigger tires with minimal road noise until we got to about the end of the tread (last 10k miles) then they were noisy.
The 35s I put on I could never get to balance right, road noise wasnt an issue but I only had them on for about 40k before I traded in the truck and they were cupping and the sides were toast.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

EJHoward

Reaction score
It’s almost time for some new tires. Debating between another set of Goodyear Duratrac or change to BFG All-Terrain T/A KO2. Has anyone put on BFGs? Any recommendations?

Thanks for any insight!
I have 81k on my stock Dura trac’s mostly highway Ct to SC do I get another set or try sometime new.

Triton63

Reaction score
I’ve had both duratracs and k02’s. I like the looks of duratracs but I think the k02’s have slightly better road manners (quieter/smoother). So I tend to alternate. I think they both perform about the same in snow/rain/dirt/mud. There is a bfg all terrain k03 coming at some point that has a slightly more aggressive sidewall but tighter treat pattern. Only available on oe gmc 2500at4’s sizes at the moment though.

Jaybird14

Reaction score
I just bought the Duratracs.
the original set lasted from ‘19 till last month.

they were nasty at the end but gave me 100k. No bs .

Users who are viewing this thread