5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tire Black

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone else notice that when you have a white truck that all you need to look good are clean tires but on a black truck they look like crap unless you apply tire black? Another reason why this is going to be my first and last black vehicle ;)

CJR28

Reaction score
Anyone else notice that when you have a white truck that all you need to look good are clean tires but on a black truck they look like crap unless you apply tire black? Another reason why this is going to be my first and last black vehicle ;)
I said the same thing when I had my black package 17’. “Ill never get a black truck again!” And then i got another black truck:ROFLMAO:

Sherran

Reaction score
YES!!!! It doesn't matter how clean your truck is, how many coats of wax it has.. If the tires aren't cleaned properly and dressed then it just sours the entire look. :(

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
A truck doesn't look good unless it's covered with mud! Or so my pappy used to say. :D

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
YES!!!! It doesn't matter how clean your truck is, how many coats of wax it has.. If the tires aren't cleaned properly and dressed then it just sours the entire look. :(
Not only the rims and tires but the wheelwells, too
Nothing worse than someone spiffing their ride and then leaving the wheelwells untouched splattered with mud and road gunk.

ajkeence99

Reaction score

I almost always had black vehicles for many years. I had a black Tundra, 2 black Rams, and then a black Challenger Scat Pack. I didn't care as much on the trucks but I obsessed over the black on the Challenger and it was just frustrating as hell to keep it looking good. I told myself I'd never buy a black vehicle (that I actually cared about) again. I've since had a yellow Charger, blue Charger, and now my current white Ram. I did have a black Passat briefly as a daily but really just hated the car so I got rid of it.

Black will always look the best when it's perfect and clean. The issue is comparing the time required to keep black looking nice vs most other colors. I just don't want to feel obligated to spend multiple hours weekly to like looking at my vehicle :)

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yea, I never wanted a black truck. I actually never liked white until my 15 EcoD and then I loved it. This truck was just in the right place at the right time with everything I wanted except the color and in retrospect I think I was subconsciously stressing over the potential issues with the Gen 2 motor so when I found this I bought it. I do love the truck and since it's new don't mind spending some time keeping it looking good...but I'm sure the newness will wear off. I just wish I had a decent touchless car wash nearby for the winter months.

Sherran

Reaction score
Yea, I never wanted a black truck. I actually never liked white until my 15 EcoD and then I loved it. This truck was just in the right place at the right time with everything I wanted except the color and in retrospect I think I was subconsciously stressing over the potential issues with the Gen 2 motor so when I found this I bought it. I do love the truck and since it's new don't mind spending some time keeping it looking good...but I'm sure the newness will wear off. I just wish I had a decent touchless car wash nearby for the winter months.

If it isn't dirty from rain and mud, then it's dirty from dust - we can just never win :LOL:

HarlyFan

Reaction score
I too said NEVER again, I still can't believe I bought a black truck!!! It looks great standing still as the sun starts to go down. Other than that I can't believe I bought another BLACK vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/