5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tire and Wheel Insurance

GFK51

Reaction score
Has anyone purchased tire and wheel insurance?. I have a 20 RAM Limited, 5.7 engine and discovered a screw in the right front tire. Tire could not be plugged, too close to the sidewall. Purchased a new tire, same make, 22 inch. Cost me $301.00. I just purchased from Zeigler a 6 year unlimited mileage for wheel and tire protection for $335.00. Wish that I had it a week ago. Wondering the pros and cons of such insurance. It is a factory warranty, not third party.

HMC8403

Reaction score
I have had it for all my Jeeps and current Ram. Make sure it also covers cosmetic. Basic T/W covers the wheel only if its cracked and cannot hold air; with cosmetics covers curb rash.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If you don't need wheel protection, Discount Tire / American Tire offers free lifetime rotation & balance and road hazard tire warranty, which can be added to new vehicle even if you didn't buy the tires there. Just as long as you don't have too many miles already.

I paid $120 out the door, which includes lifetime rotation & balance (better than the no balance the dealer does) and road hazard for tires that cannot be repaired. Very much worth it, considering the dealer charges $39 for rotations without balance and one Duratrac replacement was almost more than double the price of the warranty. It's a great bang for the buck!

Users who are viewing this thread