5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tire air pressure at delivery

MariRam

Reaction score
I have the 18 inch, stock tire on my Laramie 2019. The tire pressure when I drove off the lot (and since then) has 40-41 psi. Seems a bit higher than the rating on the tire. Is this a concern or should I remove some?

Last edited:

Bigtone

Reaction score
I gave the 18 inch, stock tire on my Laramie 2019. The tire pressure when I drove off the lot (and since then) has 40-41 psi. Seems a bit higher than the rating on the tire. Is this a concern or should I remove some?
I just picked up my 2019 this week, and mine were about 40 psi. The psi does vary with temperature, and up north here the temperature has been swinging alot. The cold spec is 36 psi for the 18 inch tires. Check them before driving. .....When I picked up my Challenger in 2017, the tires wer 50 psi! The dealer said that is the pressure they ship the cars with.

Last edited:

mjamesgt

Reaction score
My limited with 20"s was delivered with air in the low 40s, I quickly changed it to 36ish. I cant say i felt much of a difference though.

Ickabod

Reaction score
I gave the 18 inch, stock tire on my Laramie 2019. The tire pressure when I drove off the lot (and since then) has 40-41 psi. Seems a bit higher than the rating on the tire. Is this a concern or should I remove some?
My door sticker says 36 psi (cold) on my 18's. so I imagine 40 is within spec on a warmer tire. I usually keep mine between 36 and 38.

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 18's were 36psi cold too - 40 seems high for cold.

My Falken Wildpeaks on my 20's now are only at 38-39 and when warm go up to 41-42

ForTehNguyen

Reaction score
factory inflates them high for shipping, just adjust it back down to spec.

When I bought my 2015 mustang GT, they had tires inflated to 40 when its suppose to be 32 all around. The ride quality was very choppy but much better once I dropped it to the correct pressure

Viper67

Reaction score
If you want to be exactly dialed in, figure out the weight of your truck, then figure out weight of the front versus the rear. Then look up the tire manufacturers inflation rating/load. Typically people overinflate as the sticker inside the drivers door is much higher.

I’m running Toyo at2 tires. 275/70r18. I run 40 in the front and 35 rear. When I tow, I add 900lbs of tongue weight to the rear end (bumper pull) and air up to 55lbs. This is based on the weight and with information from Toyo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
People, dealers don’t have a clue (and not just RAM, all brands do this).
Every vehicle I’ve ever had was always over aired whenever I got oil changes, etc. They just don’t give a f***.

Do yourself a favor and follow the sticker on the door jamb.

Cheers,

Last edited:

sparkygreen

Reaction score
I just took delivery of 2019 Ram 1500 Limited with factory 22's. I thought the ride was great, but then I noticed the tire pressure was at 54 all the way around. I know this one had just arrived and gotten unloaded so I guess the earlier comment about that being the pressure they ship at must be correct. I plan to drop them down to 40-ish and see how the ride changes.

freerider969

Reaction score
Mine was delivered with 63-68 psi of Nitrogen, I have the 2019 Rebel with Goodyear Duratrac's. The door jam calls for 55 psi in the front and 45 psi in the rear.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My dealer always checks my ride (Durango for now until my truck arrives) and they always set 37 front / 35 rear even if I have them rotate. I'll have to keep watch with the truck and see if they change their 'technique'

Users who are viewing this thread