5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

tire advice

Shades

Reaction score
New here and first time Ram and truck owner...I have the 275 55 20 that come standard with the night package and the tires are close to needing replacement. I think the truck need a little beefier tier to be balanced out in looks. It seems with the 20's the rubber on the sidewall is short and I have Bridgestone duelers so no aggressive sidewall action. I know there are tire threads most too detailed, don't want to lift or space , my priorities are looks, ride and somewhat quiet sound ( I've had a lifted jeep with mud tires so i know tire noise) i look forward to your suggestions and if you are savvy enough( I'm not) pictures please

Kyles

Reaction score
New here and first time Ram and truck owner...I have the 275 55 20 that come standard with the night package and the tires are close to needing replacement. I think the truck need a little beefier tier to be balanced out in looks. It seems with the 20's the rubber on the sidewall is short and I have Bridgestone duelers so no aggressive sidewall action. I know there are tire threads most too detailed, don't want to lift or space , my priorities are looks, ride and somewhat quiet sound ( I've had a lifted jeep with mud tires so i know tire noise) i look forward to your suggestions and if you are savvy enough( I'm not) pictures please
I’m running Falken Wildpeak AT3W, very quite and a good look to them

Pristine1

Reaction score
The factory off road pkg. Wildpeak AT3’s are smooth and whisper quiet. They have the same sidewall as the normal AT3’s but with more of a deep all season tread. I only took mine off to go up in tire size. Otherwise they are as quiet and smooth as an AT will get. I have the 1100 mile set including spare in my garage in the 18 inch rim flavor though. 275/65/18
If you want more aggressive the ridge grapplers I replaced them with are riding nice. Not as smooth and quit as the wild peaks but they are perfectly fine. Plus better for off road. The factory wild peaks are more balanced for on road handling.

Shades

Reaction score
thanks for your input. the stock tires on the 20 inch rims 275 55 20 seem to be too low profile any suggestions on wht size would look better without changing too much.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
thanks for your input. the stock tires on the 20 inch rims 275 55 20 seem to be too low profile any suggestions on wht size would look better without changing too much.

The Ram 2500 uses 285/60/20 factory size tires. That would give you about 0.75” more sidewall (1.5” taller tire)

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I put 275/60/20s on my Bighorn, they fit perfect and fill the wheel wells nicely. I put on Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs and love them, quiet, sturdy, great traction

ColoradoCub

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The 275/60/20’s are what the previous gen rams came with and would be the minimum in trying to fill the wheel wells. 265/65/20’s would give it a beefier look and will fit too.

Kovy23

Reaction score
I've gotten about 25K out of my Nitto Ridge Grapplers so far and they are great. Minimal road noise and that's with a decent amount of highway and semi off-road (construction)

Users who are viewing this thread