5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tips for refueling with gas cans

gpbst3

Reaction score
I just came across an issue I never had before. The grocery store gives us fuel discounts and I usually fill up some 5 gallon gas cans. I never had a cap less fuel tank before and found out the hard way you cannot use the standard can. I now know about the little funnel with the floor jack but I dont want have the interior smell like gas after use.

Is there an aftermarket funnel or adapter for a gas can that works with the cap less fuel tank?

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's a great point to raise... the capless design is frustrating even during regular fill-ups. I think a larger funnel is the only answer, just have a bag to put it in after and keep it in the box.

gpbst3

Reaction score
Buy an extra funnel to keep in your garage. 9 bucks on eBay.

Stopped by the local auto parts store and picked up a universal fuel tank funnel for $2. You got ripped off

MTRHEAD

Reaction score
Stopped by the local auto parts store and picked up a universal fuel tank funnel for $2. You got ripped off
I didn't get ripped off. Had one in my garage that works. Just trying to help. Your welcome.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm confused about what the difference is between using the factory supplied funnel and an extra one from the garage or other source?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/