5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tips for installing Bora Spacers on a 2019 limited with air

Pgathomas

Reaction score
Good evening. I have searched hundreds on threads on these spacers, recommended sizes, etc. but want to dive in a little more specific on the mounting process.

Is it necessary to disable the air system when mounting?

Should the vehicle be in 4wd when mounting?

130lbs hand-torqued and no use of impact?

I should be receiving them next week and am going with1.25r and 1.00f on factory 22" wheels and 295/55 at3's....hoping I will not need to shave and off the factory lugs. If there are any other tip / tricks from the forum they would be appreciated...

Thanks!

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When lifting the truck you will need to disable the factory air ride and turn it back on after.

Yes 4wd, when you go to do the front wheels they will want to spin unless u have some one holding the breaks for u.

So the size spacers you chose should not require cutting but to double check that take off the stock wheels and see if there are indentations surrounding the lug holes. You can simply grab a measuring tape and measure the lugs front and back and see how much stud you will have sticking past the 1” and 1.25” mark

Pgathomas

Reaction score
When lifting the truck you will need to disable the factory air ride and turn it back on after.

Yes 4wd, when you go to do the front wheels they will want to spin unless u have some one holding the breaks for u.

So the size spacers you chose should not require cutting but to double check that take off the stock wheels and see if there are indentations surrounding the lug holes. You can simply grab a measuring tape and measure the lugs front and back and see how much stud you will have sticking past the 1” and 1.25” mark
Thanks so much… this helps!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Don't need to use 4wd, or have someone hold the brakes. Can just use a pry bar in the lugs to keep it from spinning while torquing. Even if 4wd, the front wheels can spin since the differential isnt locked.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don't need to use 4wd, or have someone hold the brakes. Can just use a pry bar in the lugs to keep it from spinning while torquing. Even if 4wd, the front wheels can spin since the differential isnt locked.
Ah well thanks for correcting me. When I did mine I had a buddy over at the house working on his 4 runner so I just had him reach in and push the brakes for me.

I used a torque wrench also no power tools

Users who are viewing this thread