5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TInted taillights ( Halogen)?

Str8Ripon

Reaction score
Tinted mine with VHT over the last couple of days - not perfect but first time I’ve ever tried something like it. Could definitely make it look better. Having a contact with a body shop mixing and spraying for you in the 50-100$ range is probably the move, though.

Attachments

• 9E26B220-8636-4B29-B33E-598B1011AD70.jpeg
    9E26B220-8636-4B29-B33E-598B1011AD70.jpeg
    162 KB · Views: 92
  • 15B32015-9A0C-477E-90A2-1CFB9F9454C1.jpeg
    15B32015-9A0C-477E-90A2-1CFB9F9454C1.jpeg
    165.3 KB · Views: 93

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If anyone is interested I have removed my AVS Smoked Tail Light and Headlight Covers from my Truck. ( I have upgraded the headlights and taillights )
I will sell both sets for $75.00 + $25.00 shipping. Total: $100.00.
You will have to purchase some Velcro strips to put on your headlights and tail lights.
Ram_Blacked_Headlights.jpg
Patriotback.jpg
There are actually three tail light covers because I lost one on the road. (I did not secure the Velcro properly) Never had any problems once I went to the 3M Hook & Loop Fasteners.
AVS_Reart_Tailights_Covers.png
AVS_Front_Headlights_Covers.png
The front headlight covers have small chips from tasking them off and on for night driving.
(It is not noticeable when the shades are in place but wanted the buyer to be aware.)
AVS_Front_Chip.png
Fog Lights.jpg
PM me if interested.

Last edited:

chuckd2017

Reaction score
I see this is an old thread but....I'm about to order vinyl light smoke tint. Just wondering how difficult this is to apply. I have only tried tinting lights with vinyl once but it wasn't precut either. Turned out not so great lol. For those who have done it..with the precut. Difficulty level on a scale of 10??

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I see this is an old thread but....I'm about to order vinyl light smoke tint. Just wondering how difficult this is to apply. I have only tried tinting lights with vinyl once but it wasn't precut either. Turned out not so great lol. For those who have done it..with the precut. Difficulty level on a scale of 10??
I ordered the lamin-x precut for headlights and taillights, the headlights were a 1 out 10 and the taillights were a 10 out of 10 at least for me. I ended up throwing them in the trash after messing with them for over a hour on the first one. I ended up getting the taillights painted and even if I could have got the film to work there’s no way they’d compare to the paint.
9986F6D9-9BFB-4544-AB86-330339438028.jpeg

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did mine and they came out great. BUT, do not order them if you don't have a heat gun. You absolutely need one to soften the film around the multi-compound curves. And if you've never applied film, the taillights are probably not what you want to learn on.

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ordered the lamin-x precut for headlights and taillights, the headlights were a 1 out 10 and the taillights were a 10 out of 10 at least for me. I ended up throwing them in the trash after messing with them for over a hour on the first one. I ended up getting the taillights painted and even if I could have got the film to work there’s no way they’d compare to the paint.
View attachment 56313
I assume painting the radar/sensor part of the taillight didn't screw up their function? I have mine tinted except for the sensor area. the little piece that came with the lamin-x kit was worthless. I think I'll use spray tint if it keeps the sensor working.

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I assume painting the radar/sensor part of the taillight didn't screw up their function? I have mine tinted except for the sensor area. the little piece that came with the lamin-x kit was worthless. I think I'll use spray tint if it keeps the sensor working.
Correct, no issues with the sensors.

TheNortherner

Reaction score
I did the headlights on my RAM. I don’t have the led package but this looks awesome. I will be a attempting the taillights next time it warms up. I used the film instead of the spray on. It was a little harder than I was expecting
Sorry to revive a dead thread here but did you start with the night edition headlights or the chrome? How much did it cut light output? Would quality led bulbs make up for the loss in light output?

Users who are viewing this thread