5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tint

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I live in north Texas and just had my moonroof tinted - I would find another shop willing to do the job.

Went with CTX ceramic on the side windows, and Huper Optik ceramic (30%) on the moonroof.
Do you recommend a specific shop?

I Love Grits

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Do you recommend a specific shop?

I've used ProTint in Plano in the past. They do good work but I wanted someone who was able to put Huper on the moonroof/windshield (ProTint is no longer an authorized Huper dealer).

This go around I used SunRay tint in Keller. Very nice people and I'm happy with the work they've done. Front/rear windows & backglass in Llumar CTX was $300. $95 for Huper ceramic per moonroof (dual pane so $190 total). Their windshield price for Air80 is $250 but if you get the rest of the truck done, they'll knock it to $200.

If you're wanting to go darker than 25% VLT in the front, PM me.

Last edited:

skatz5000

Reaction score
30 is as low as NYS will allow for fronts....but I have read people on forums doing 20 to match the rears.

Thats wrong. New York allows 30 percent of light to be blocked. Which is the opposite of how tints are rated. 20% tint is allowing 20% of light through. You would need 70% to comply with with ****ty NYS

Agitated

Reaction score
I did 50%. I had darker on my last truck and I hated not being able to see out the window at night. Especially trying to back up a trailer or even see the trailer without lowing the window.

Tred's

Reaction score
I had mine done at 30% ll the way around, except the front windshield. KS doesn't allow the front to be tinted. 20190408 Window Tint 04.jpg

sparty569

Reaction score
My 2019 has 20% on it all around. I'm going to leave the front 2, but put 20 over the 20, of maybe 15 if I can get it, to make the back darker.

Since I dont have to do the front windows, I'm with 20 on them, I may do the windshield with ceramic. Probably not, but maybe.

awpratt79

Reaction score
My last 3 trucks and my wife's last 2 SUVs we have done the 20 to color match with rears never had an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread