5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tint % to Match Factory?

x50

Reaction score
Does anyone know the approximate tint % for the front doors to match the factory tint on the rear doors and back window?

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
I had my fronts done to match a few months ago but I cant remember what the percentage wss. I want to say 30% but I'm not sure. Go to your local tint shops and see what they say

Lufty

Banned
Reaction score
15% is what I have and it's a pretty close match. I think the factory window tint is about 20%.

View attachment 111148
This.

I did 15% on my front doors and it was ever so slightly darker then the factory tint on the back doors so my installer put 50% over the factory tint on back doors. Front doors are dark and back doors are very dark like limo tint now. Also did 50% on the whole windshield.

Last edited:

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Seems to be pretty close to 20% IMHO. Here's my current truck and my last truck, each with 20%. Remember that the windshield isn't tinted, so that affects things a little because it's letting in more light than the other windows.

Previous truck
IMG_0211.jpg

Current truck
New tires side.jpg

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Seems to be pretty close to 20% IMHO. Here's my current truck and my last truck, each with 20%. Remember that the windshield isn't tinted, so that affects things a little because it's letting in more light than the other windows.

Previous truck
View attachment 111231

Current truck
View attachment 111233
Yes. That's what the installer told me.

MarvsAMartian

Reaction score
My installer (did 5 vehicles thru him) told me 20%. I trust his word on that. Had him do my front two 25% this time around as I found it a bit too dark in my last truck, which I had factory match. Makes a difference so I think the 20% factory estimate is spot on.

noirot

Reaction score
When they measured by back windows, they said it registered 23%. So…I did 50% across the back windows, 15% on the side (driver and passenger) and 50% on the windshield, all ceramic. I LOVE the look and it doesn’t feel too dark because it’s all darker.

sparty569

Reaction score
I did 15% over the factory, and then on the front windows. The back is basically limo, and the front is right where I wanted it.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I did 20% on just the front windows and it looks really, really close.

CMil527

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I believe i read somewhere the factory is 18%... so u should be close between the 15-20% range which is what you will typically find at most tint shops.

Randboye

Reaction score
This.

I did 15% on my front doors and it was ever so slightly darker then the factory tint on the back doors so my installer put 50% over the factory tint on back doors. Front doors are dark and back doors are very dark like limo tint now. Also did 50% on the whole windshield.
You had any issues with windshield sensors being effected with the windshield tint.

Randboye

Reaction score
For those that have tinted the front windshield, have you had any issues with it interfering with any of the sensors/cameras ?

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
For those that have tinted the front windshield, have you had any issues with it interfering with any of the sensors/cameras ?
No, you don’t tint in front of the DASM area, you tint around it.

Users who are viewing this thread