5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tint material questions?

Binaryslave

Reaction score
Im looking to have my tint done.

What material should I look/ ask for? Tint sales guys trying to sell me ceramic stuff?

Also, is machine cut the way to go or let someone do it by hand? Im reading pros and cons to both online

ZeroSeVen

Reaction score
ceramic tint is the way to go... you get the best of both worlds, it has the highest rating in blocking solar heat (up to almost 50% per each manufacturer claim) and it blocks 99% of UV rays (the kind that can cause skin cancer)... it's also longer lasting due to it's fade resistant propeties... if you looked at older vehicles that used dye based window tint they tend to turn purple as they age

The type of tint is just as important on the skill of the tint installer... a good installer will factor in prep time and worksite conditions, the best tint in the world won't matter if you end up with dust particles or air bubbles

I paid $345 for all windows... he used Rayno S7 ceramic tint (5% limo on rear windshield and rear passenger windows, 40% on front passenger and 70% on top windshield)

Users who are viewing this thread