5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tint for front windows?

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Everyone keeps mentioning that doing full ceramic isn't cheap. How much did you all pay for materials and labor? It's been years since I've had to tint but I'm going to get mine done in a few months and am curious what kind of damage I'm looking at? Thanks
It usually depends on location, tint brand, shop quality, etc, but mine was $550 for windshield, entire pano roof, and front windows. I got the best tint they offered which was like Lumar Pinnacle series. The temperature difference is night and day (literally). I can open the pano shade in the middle of the day and not feel like there's a heater on my head, and driving into the sun doesn't feel like I'm getting sunburned any more.

BigHerm611

Reaction score
Everyone keeps mentioning that doing full ceramic isn't cheap. How much did you all pay for materials and labor? It's been years since I've had to tint but I'm going to get mine done in a few months and am curious what kind of damage I'm looking at? Thanks

Mine was around $700. That was for all the glass on the truck. The sunroof, windshield, doors and back glass.
Many installers have different grades of ceramic, I live in southeast Louisiana, and hate the heat, so I bought the top grade they have. With my installer if I would’ve bought the lesser grades of ceramic, the price would’ve been considerably cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dannymcd

Reaction score
Ceramic, I got it, it's alot more expensive but you don't have to go dark to get the heat rejection, you can even get it on your windshield

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score

$700 cdn for 4 doors, rear window, windshield and sunroof

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’m a fan of 80 and 90% ceramic for the front window- good uv protection and high visibility at night. I haven’t done it yet for the ram though.

Gipraw

Reaction score
Expel prime xr plus ceramic, 35%. Didn’t have the front windshield done. Concerned about the bcm.

BNeal

Reaction score
$850 for all glass including sun roof. Got the best they had - no regrets.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
$600 + tax for the tint
$550 for the labor

I went 3M Crystalline on all the windows of the cab (windshield, sides, and rear). I don’t have a sunroof.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The next one “down” was 3M Color Safe. That seemed to be the top non-ceramic tint they had if you didn't want to pony up the cash for the Crystalline. There was one other one below that but that didn’t seem to be much more than shade for the cab (no IR or UV).

They also had the Llumar CTX but I was set on the Crystalline so didn’t pay much attention to different ‘models’ of tint. The 3M and Llumar (made by Eastman Kodak) websites have all the specs to see what fits your needs. The shops will tell you a little but mostly focus on color, price, and heat rejection (at least the handful I went to).

IMO 3M and Llumar are the top ones and you can’t go wrong with any of the films they offer. It will depend on what you are looking for from your tint and what your budget is.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread