5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tint Disaster #2

CHARMCITY

Reaction score
Named this tint disaster # 2 because there is a separate thread regarding a similar issue.
My girl bought me a gift card for my birthday to get my windows tinted, I was super excited as I had just put on the 6" lift and 37's a couple weeks prior, it just needed the tint...
I go 2 days after my birthday to go get the tint, I get all windows done and decide I also wanted to get the windshield...no its not legal....no I don't care.... I went with 60%... I see fine at night....
Long story short, the tint shop got water behind my dash... went to pickup my truck and the tint shop said it wouldn't start. Had to get towed to the dealership where it took almost 2 weeks to get it back...
Dealership had to replace the BCM and dry the **** out of it. I've only had it back a couple days but all seems back to normal, just wanted to post this to help anyone who is thinking of doing their windshield.

The symptoms my truck had was it was telling us it was not in park, all the lights would work but the truck would not turn on. The ignition would cycle from the ACC position to the RUN position but the truck would never start or turn OFF. Radio had the ANTI THEFT code pop up and my brake pedal would not press down all the way.

Hope this helps someone, go to a reputable shop and make sure they take all precautions to prevent water down there

P.S. I did not pay for **** lol

blankenbuhler

Reaction score
I heard a similar story about a tint shop that ruined the leather (water damage) in a high-end car installing rear tint. Thanks for the warning.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Named this tint disaster # 2 because there is a separate thread regarding a similar issue.
My girl bought me a gift card for my birthday to get my windows tinted, I was super excited as I had just put on the 6" lift and 37's a couple weeks prior, it just needed the tint...
I go 2 days after my birthday to go get the tint, I get all windows done and decide I also wanted to get the windshield...no its not legal....no I don't care.... I went with 60%... I see fine at night....
Long story short, the tint shop got water behind my dash... went to pickup my truck and the tint shop said it wouldn't start. Had to get towed to the dealership where it took almost 2 weeks to get it back...
Dealership had to replace the BCM and dry the **** out of it. I've only had it back a couple days but all seems back to normal, just wanted to post this to help anyone who is thinking of doing their windshield.

The symptoms my truck had was it was telling us it was not in park, all the lights would work but the truck would not turn on. The ignition would cycle from the ACC position to the RUN position but the truck would never start or turn OFF. Radio had the ANTI THEFT code pop up and my brake pedal would not press down all the way.

Hope this helps someone, go to a reputable shop and make sure they take all precautions to prevent water down there

P.S. I did not pay for **** lol
The long arm of the law trying to tell you something.

Users who are viewing this thread