5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tint, Ceramic, Paint Correction...

Kazoo

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was quoted 2K for tint all around including windshield, paint correction, and ceramic coating... Thoughts on this?? Seems a wee steep to me..

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For comparison.. paid $650 to have the dealer installed front tint removed, replaced with ceramic, back and rear got ceramic added and the windshield also got ceramic added. That’s about the going rate I had it down while I was on the road working but I also got quotes from local shops and they wasn’t to far off on that pricing.

So let’s say $1400 for paint correction and ceramic coating isn’t too bad depending on the amount of correction that’s needed and whatever product they use for ceramic coating and what type of warranty it has.

You can of course do it yourself for way cheaper but you also have the time/some skill and a garage to either do it in and let the coating dry without moisture.

Kazoo

Reaction score
So not terrible...

I do have a garage, but not big enough to tackle this beast.... Hoping it's not too bad...

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
To get a real idea we need to know the brand/type of window tint and brand/type of ceramic coating. Ceramic coating installation prices vary wildly depending on brand, hardness level, and years of warranty.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Really all depends on the products used, what step paint correction?

Kazoo

Reaction score
I will get more details.. Sorry for being uninformed...

bigalf

Reaction score
Just had mine done. $250 for ceramic front and ASI line tinting. Ceramic coat with 5 year garanetee, which included paint correction. That was 1300. Where the bill gets steep quick is paint protection film. Had front end done 1k and the tailgate was another 400. I drive with gate down so it needed it. That 1200 included windows and wheels coated too.

Kazoo

Reaction score
Just had mine done. $250 for ceramic front and ASI line tinting. Ceramic coat with 5 year garanetee, which included paint correction. That was 1300. Where the bill gets steep quick is paint protection film. Had front end done 1k and the tailgate was another 400. I drive with gate down so it needed it. That 1200 included windows and wheels coated too.

Wow, thanks!!

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just another opinion, I paid $550 for high end ceramic tint on front windows, windshield, pano roof. Add another 250-300 for the rear windows, and you're only looking at $1200 for paint correction and ceramic coating. Not terrible if it's done well and comes with a warranty.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would also do your research on the shop that’s doing the work. To many detailers pop up and set up shop just to close down within a few months and your stuck with a warranty that does you no good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread