5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Timbren SES or Timber Grove Air suspension?

Timbren SES, Timber Grove Air Suspension, or other

• Other (please post below)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
I am having a bit of trouble deciding the best solution for my situation. I haul a TT 6 or 7 times a year and have about 1" of squat with the trailer loaded and attached. While it seems to haul this just fine, I would like to reduce the squat or even return to a slight rake when towing. I was going to install the Air Ride 1000HD, but have seen a lot of posts about split bags, leaks, etc. Now I am thinking Either the Timbren SES bump stops or the Timber Grove Air Suspension.

The Timbren are less expensive and easy to install, but I am not sure how much they will reduce squat. I also have a 2" rear spacer/lift, so I would probably need to use a Timbren spacer or 2.

On the other hand, the Timber grove costs more, but has more capability. It is a more extensive install and I would have to talk to Timber Grove due to the lift.

Please let me know your thoughts and opinions on this!!

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm just waiting for the same info, I am leaning Timbren currently. Easy to use, I know adding air isn't difficult.... but not having to ever check or add makes things easier.

TrackDay

Reaction score
The bump stops won't reduce your squat at rest unless you are really low in the rear. They are primarily to help with "spring rate" when you hit bumps at speed while towing. They noticeably increase the bump stiffness when I'm towing.
A more robust solution for me was to just install an Equalizer Weight Distribution hitch. That fixed everything, but I'm towing close to 10K lbs. when I go to track days.

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
I think I am leaning towards the Timber Grove Air Suspension. I have seen to many reports of the Timbrens making the unloaded ride harsh anytime you hit a bump. I use my truck as a daily driver primarily with TT towing 6 or 7 times a year. I think the air bags will be a more comfortable solution.

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Air bags may stop the squat, but that isn't the proper way to address the "problem". The use of a weight distributing hitch can return close to normal rake. Ideally, front and rear sag should be about the same.

Sumosprings are softer riding than Timbrens, but you still have to sag to reach any bumpstop replacement.

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
We have a WD hitch and it removes MOST of the sag, but there is still a bit left that I would like to remove. The numbers have been crunched numerous times and the payload is there to handle the load with the trailer loaded and the 3 of us in the truck. I have not had any issues towing this setup as is for the last ~1 year, but am looking for a way to improve it even more.

Users who are viewing this thread