5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Timber Grove bags leak down rate? is it normal?

vetto

Reaction score
I was going to offer help if you were local, but that’s way too far away
LOL.
I was heading down for a vacation in College Park in September, but I've had changes in my plans and may head somewhere else during that week off. Oh well, I appreciate the offer!

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
LOL.
I was heading down for a vacation in College Park in September, but I've had changes in my plans and may head somewhere else during that week off. Oh well, I appreciate the offer!
if you do end up going there anyway and still need help, just hit me up. I’m not too far away from there.

vetto

Reaction score
So,
Sun Pressure Test 60.0#
Mon AM Check 54.5#
-aired down-
Mon AM 10.0#
Mon PM 11.5#
Tue AM 12.3#
Tue noon 11.5#
Wed AM 11.3#

So after I aired down on Monday morning from testing pressure to operating pressure (10.0#), I have gained over 1# of air and held it for about 4 days.

I think I'm ok now? I didn't do anything other than drive it and check it.
I guess I could do one more leak-down test at 75# or so just for piece of mind? OR don't mess with it and count my blessings?
@LaxDfns15 @djevox @DOFF What pressures do you folks run when putting 1000lbs on the tongue and another 1000lbs in the truck?

Last edited:

Clv22p

Reaction score
So,
Sun Pressure Test 60.0#
Mon AM Check 54.5#
-aired down-
Mon AM 10.0#
Mon PM 11.5#
Tue AM 12.3#
Tue noon 11.5#
Wed AM 11.3#

So after I aired down on Monday morning from testing pressure to operating pressure (10.0#), I have gained over 1# of air and held it for about 4 days.

I guess I could do one more leak-down test at 75# or so just for piece of mind? OR don't mess with it and count my blessings?
@LaxDfns15 @djevox @DOFF What pressures do you folks run when putting 1000lbs on the tongue and another 1000lbs in the truck?
Whatever the max pressure is because your way over your payload. lol

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So,
Sun Pressure Test 60.0#
Mon AM Check 54.5#
-aired down-
Mon AM 10.0#
Mon PM 11.5#
Tue AM 12.3#
Tue noon 11.5#
Wed AM 11.3#

I don’t have Timber grove airbags- I’m just drawing from experience installing and troubleshooting custom airbag systems since 2002. You shouldn’t have any leaks, and Timber grove calls for inflating to 100psi for leak checking. Have you called them back to find out a direction to go?

vetto

Reaction score
Whatever the max pressure is because your way over your payload. lol
ya, my loading spreadsheet had a typo. Gonna work on getting that down a couple hundred pounds. (max payload is 1840)
(should have bought a bigger truck LOL)

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I air up halfway when loading the bed heavy (1500-2000 pounds). My payload is 1550, and I'm probably down to 1200 with the crap in the truck and myself at 175. Typically I can level the truck with 25-35 psi with a yard of dirt in the bed. Think I went up to 60+ with a pallet of sod one time. I don't carry these loads often or far so if you're pulling a trailer with that much in the bed it's not going to be fun.

I don't have a TT or WDH, but I've heard you need to put the trailer on the truck, set your bags at least partially, then use the WDH to transfer weight. If you try to do one completely before adjusting the other you're going to go back and forth a lot.

should_have

Reaction score
What pressure do you air up your bags when towing?

I air up my bags to 12lbs before I load up my truck and couple my 5k travel trailer.

I hope your pressure is staying set. I thought I went through just the Opposite, held at High Pressure and losing at low pressure. It does suck that you can't check the top connection on the air bags. Sure does seem they changed the design for the top fitting on the 5thgen Ram

Users who are viewing this thread