5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tie-rod end help

tank3011570

Reaction score
Hi guys, I finally decided to go with Eibach coilovers, was planning to install it today. Then I found the tie rod end on both side are busted. I have had motofab 2inch top hat spacer on for about 3 years. Can 2 inch lift cause such issue? Anyone had same issue?
Should I just buy mopar oem parts (anyone knows the part number please) to replace them, or is there higher quality replacement?
Any suggestions? Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0740.jpeg
    IMG_0740.jpeg
    120.5 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0741.jpeg
    IMG_0741.jpeg
    111.7 KB · Views: 50

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hi guys, I finally decided to go with Eibach coilovers, was planning to install it today. Then I found the tie rod end on both side are busted. I have had motofab 2inch top hat spacer on for about 3 years. Can 2 inch lift cause such issue? Anyone had same issue?
Should I just buy mopar oem parts (anyone knows the part number please) to replace them, or is there higher quality replacement?
Any suggestions? Thanks!
I'd get some Moog ends to replace them with. I doubt the spacers had anything to do with it unless they got torn during the installation of the top hat spacers.

tank3011570

Reaction score
I'd get some Moog ends to replace them with. I doubt the spacers had anything to do with it unless they got torn during the installation of the top hat spacers.
I couldn't find the one for ram 1500 DT on their website. I think maybe don't make one for ram 1500 DT :-(

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't know if the tie rods are bad or not, but that looks like pickle fork damage to me. Which is why I never use a fork if I am going to reuse the joint, or at least boot.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know if the tie rods are bad or not, but that looks like pickle fork damage to me. Which is why I never use a fork if I am going to reuse the joint, or at least boot.
Yeah, I've never seen anyone successfully use a pickle fork to separate a ball joint without damaging the boot

Users who are viewing this thread