5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ticking from top front right valve cover...normal? 2019 36k eTorque

Dpw325

Reaction score
Hi all. Looking at a 2019 Big Horn with the eTorque hemi. Could anyone tell me if the noise in this video is normal?

The tick is coming from the front passenger side under the valve cover, it almost sounds like a direct fuel injector but it’s not happening consistently on the other cylinders or on the other bank. Can’t tell if it rises or falls with RPMs since I was alone and couldn’t find the mechanical throttle body under the hood in a few minutes I was able to peek. Can’t tell if it rises or falls with RPMs since I was alone and couldn’t find the mechanical throttle body under the hood in a few minutes I was able to peek.

Any thoughts?

It’s a 2019 2wd with 36k miles.

Love the truck, it’s much nicer than the Colorado we rented or the Frontier (totally outclassed today), but just curious if this noise is normal?

yankeefan31569

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sounds like a bad lifter...I dont think its your exhaust manifold the sound would drift off as your exhaust heats up... Passing this along anyone else?

Mabran350

Reaction score
Hope it’s not like mine, been at the dealer two weeks waiting to replace the motor. I had just 35k on it.

Users who are viewing this thread