5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tic tic tic

Jmacnorth

Reaction score
Well took my 1500 north and just as I suspected possible exhaust manifold leak. This is a 2019 with 34000 miles how is this possible. Seem like it’s deliberately done for cash flow purposes for Chrysler/Dodge anyway I didn’t get a price for this fix does anyone know a rough estimate thanks

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well took my 1500 north and just as I suspected possible exhaust manifold leak. This is a 2019 with 34000 miles how is this possible. Seem like it’s deliberately done for cash flow purposes for Chrysler/Dodge anyway I didn’t get a price for this fix does anyone know a rough estimate thanks
$1000.00, its not under warranty? 5 year 60k miles.

Gobassin

Reaction score
the dealership did the work before they put it up for sale at 68,000 mi. 2019 Laramie. Yea, its alot of miles,but I REALLY wanted this RAM baaaddd. The work order had the dealership cost right at $1,000.00 its almost all labor....

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure how warranty work is a cash flow purpose, as it's not positive for Ram.

Jmacnorth

Reaction score
$1000.00, its not under warranty? 5 year 60k miles.
So this might be covered under a factory warranty, I didn’t purchase any extended warranty. I purchased the truck at a used car dealership in May 2023 and waived the extended warranty cause I dont really put a lot miles on my vehicles

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Not sure how warranty work is a cash flow purpose, as it's not positive for Ram.
Warranty work gets you into the dealership and sells you more crap not covered by warranty. I wouldn't think this on a 2019 but considering it still happens on newer Ram's wouldn't surprise me.
Planned obsolescence and negligence is a fine line when both pad your pockets with cash.
The only one who might be losing money are the dealerships, that don't matter and can just go out of business as there is always another one to take over. The manufacture takes a planned hit on replacements parts already accounted for by using cheaper quality parts to save money.
How do we still have leaky rear windows in the year 2023? Window technology has not changed in years, it's glass and sealent it's not rocket science.

Ram made the choice to use poor parts, and at this point know they will fail overtime. On a 2019 the first of a new generation benefit of the doubt

Users who are viewing this thread