5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thuren Tuned King Shocks

Micgills

Reaction score
I'm planning on ordering a set Thuren tuned king shocks and coilovers this summer. We have a lot of dirt roads here in steamboat that are wash boarded and pretty rough. There are also fun higher speed trails in the desert nearby. I'm looking for ultimate performance on them and some benefits on the street. Has anyone put them on or ordered already?

Putting this on a black laramie quad cab. It's getting a motofab 2.5" level upfront and a 1.5" motofab rear lift with 275/70 R18 Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws until the Thuren kit happens.

MG99

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm planning on ordering a set Thuren tuned king shocks and coilovers this summer. We have a lot of dirt roads here in steamboat that are wash boarded and pretty rough. There are also fun higher speed trails in the desert nearby. I'm looking for ultimate performance on them and some benefits on the street. Has anyone put them on or ordered already?

Putting this on a black laramie quad cab. It's getting a motofab 2.5" level upfront and a 1.5" motofab rear lift with 275/70 R18 Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws until the Thuren kit happens.

Did you get them yet?

wiendog

Reaction score
I ordered a set the day before everything shut down here in CA and King had to shut down.I am waiting now for things to get going again.I also have a Laramie Quad cab. I had bad luck with a Mopar kit and had to remove it.I now have a Ready Lift 2 inch front and 2 inch rear spacer.I want to put those same Kings from Thuren.Let me know how it goes. I am right behind you.

My1stHemi

Reaction score
I ran a Thuren softride springs and his 2.0 fox shocks on my 3rd gen Cummins and it transformed the truck for dirt roads and desert activities. I would have full confidence in Don’s ability to produce a good kit for this platform too.

EGJ16

Reaction score
Im going to get the mopar 2” lift for now and wait to see what Carli will offer in a couple months to compare. Im coming from a 2012 2500 so if its anything like the tuning for those trucks, it will definitely be a huge upgrade over stock.

For thuren I plan on getting stage 3 up front and stage 2 in the rears. Maybe stage 2 up front later on but I still want to be a bit more capable if needed offroad (fire road/washboard type roads). I know for the 2012 year 2500 shock tuning the thuren stage 4 is comparable to Carli pintops on the big stuff and stage 3 on the smaller bumps. So thats kinda what Im basing my choices on.

Micgills

Reaction score
Did you get them yet?
Not yet the rona had me questioning spending 2500 on the truck. Probably pulling the trigger mid to late summer at this point. Definitely doing it still. Would be awesome if Carli came out with a kit in the meantime to compare the two. Carli is usually more $$$ though.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not yet the rona had me questioning spending 2500 on the truck. Probably pulling the trigger mid to late summer at this point. Definitely doing it still. Would be awesome if Carli came out with a kit in the meantime to compare the two. Carli is usually more $$$ though.

Carli has a kit, but it’s delayed until mid summer time they last said. But who knows with all the bs going on when it will actually be read

EGJ16

Reaction score
I had asked on the Carli owners group about the release and basically they said they wanted to try out one more thing for the rear springs. If it works, they just need to fine tune the shock valving a bit. If it doesnt work, everything gets ordered. Commuter valving is done. Just in queue with fox waiting on their proprietary “prints” from engineering then they can start ordering from them. King valving is also done. Just waiting on springs. About 95% of the valving is done.

So it may be sooner just depending on their wait time with their suppliers. No concrete date yet though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread