5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thunking noise in 3rd gear at low RPM

jonscheer92

Reaction score
I have a 2020 1500 hemi with e-torque

I'm not sure if this is normal for the truck or not. I've noticed a thunking/knock when I'm slowing down (for a turn or at a yield) and then accelerate that only seems to happen when the truck goes from 4th to 3rd or already in 3rd but at low RPM (so maybe prior to the truck shifting to 2nd, maybe its the noise of me interrupting the gear change?). Doesn't happen in any other situations and it doesn't really feel like I'm not getting power or something is slipping. It doesn't happen during normal acceleration, and I haven't notice any noise at changes in higher or lower gears, only around 3rd gear. I'm not really sure how to approach this other than to take it to the shop, say "it make noise when do" and have them say they couldn't replicate it. I've tried to get it on video a bunch and tried to pull my dash cam footage to catch it but it won't do it when I'm recording with my phone and the mic on my dash cam doesn't pick it up. Has anyone else heard this on their truck?

jonscheer92

Reaction score
Weird, thats something I didn't even think about. I wouldn't imagine it would be that loud though.

Users who are viewing this thread