5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thunk/jerk when downshifting to 4th

Ducky5

Reaction score
I did a search but wasn't sure on what wording to use for my issue. Truck is a '22 Limited 4x4. I turned on the gear indication in the dash just for some additional information while driving instead of using the gear limit buttons. I noticed that when I leave work the, get the truck up to around 40-50 then slow down due to traffic it will make a noticeable jerk when downshifting into 4th before I come to a complete stop. I don't drive a very long distance normally so I haven't noticed anything once everything is warmed up fully. Any idea what this could be or should I make an appointment with a dealer? Truck has 2,200ish miles on it.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
What’s your truck specs? Maybe it’s etorque regen. Sounds like you will need to visit the dealer. You still have warranty left

Ducky5

Reaction score
Sorry, no etorque, 3.92 gears. Our dealers down here are slammed 99% of the time so it's semi difficult to get it to one. I may swing by the local dealer Friday and see what they have available.

Users who are viewing this thread