5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Throttle response

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Like I said about the Banks Pedal Monster, it made a huge difference. You no longer have the mush pedal and you get instant feedback and power. The thing I really like is the ability to fine tune the sensitivity with the multiple levels within the 3 modes. It wakes these trucks up like crazy.
Yeah, see I'd be concerned with getting the sensitivity right, I'm sure if it's too sensitive it will create a jerky ride.

Troyoffroad

Reaction score
Yeah, see I'd be concerned with getting the sensitivity right, I'm sure if it's too sensitive it will create a jerky ride.
The Banks is super simple to adjust on your phone while your driving to create the best feel for your looking for. I keep mine on level 5 in sport mode. Not jerky at all but still real responsive.

BmoreStew

Reaction score
i pulled my pedal commander out after installing the mopar cai kit. giving the engine more air got rid of the delay and it feels so much more natural than the PC did.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i pulled my pedal commander out after installing the mopar cai kit. giving the engine more air got rid of the delay and it feels so much more natural than the PC did.
See, and some people say it does nothing lol don't know what to think.

What I can say from experience though is that today, I switched to 4WD Auto, turned Tow/Haul mode on, and turned Traction Control off and MAN did that combo wake up my truck! Felt like I had a ton more power right up front.

GM26J

Reaction score
Just did the calibration that Richard320 referenced. Delay when hitting the accelerator is gone and response is now what I'd consider normal.

Stryker6040

Reaction score
I have been trying to get the pedal monster to work right for the last week. They don't tell you there is two apps out right now and you got a 50/50 shot at getting the right one. I have to start my truck multiple times before it will start right. Banks said this was because I was using the newer app which wasn't communicating right. Deleted that app and installed the older one and it hasn't been any better. Banks support has been useless so far and I have asked for a refund several times only to get rediverted to another thing to try. Went with banks because this was supposed to be the best most advanced TB out there. Can't even start truck without a dash full of error lights and no throttle input. 😡🤬

Users who are viewing this thread