5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Throttle response

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score

common issue….. lots of threads on it, most common fix was a pedal commander.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
Seems to be a common concern for a lot of people. There's a few device's that plug into the throttle actuator at the gas pedal which eliminates the lag. Problaby the most popular is called Pedal Commander.It is adjustable for the sensitivity. There are less expensive options available that do the same thing.

truckless

Reaction score
I read this here, but I am not going to spend half an hour searching for it.

Turn to run without starting. Slowly depress pedal to the floor then slowly release it. Do it a few times. Then shut off. Then start like normal. It seemed to work for me. And it costs nothing to try.

That's how I used to reset my oil life sensor ;)

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There is a huge thread on Pedal Commander vs Banks vs SprintBooster vs others (gets heated at times) but personal preference on what you are comfortable with. I have the Pedal commander and have it set to Street +1 just to get rid of the sluggish response but again personal preference.

Ramzilla01

Reaction score
Good point. @Ramzilla01, make sure you're not on the oil life screen when you do this.
Thanks, your thumbnail has been bothering me, I’m sure that’s the bad guy from the mighty hero’s but I can’t think of his name….and I refuse to google it lol Simon Barr sinister I’m guessing just thought of it

Ramzilla01

Reaction score
Thanks, your thumbnail has been bothering me, I’m sure that’s the bad guy from the mighty hero’s but I can’t think of his name….and I refuse to google it lol Simon Barr sinister I’m guessing just thought of it
Or was that underdog damn it

Ramzilla01

Reaction score

common issue….. lots of threads on it, most common fix was a pedal commander.
Do you have one or know how it works. I can read the crap on the website but I’d like an opinion from a user

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
I did have one in my 2019 Limited. Worked great and made a difference…. Simple plug and play, all it does is adjust the signal from your physical throttle (gas pedal) to your motor. Makes it more narrow if you want more of a response or longer if you want better gas mileage.

In basic terms, Imagine if full throttle (100%) was achieved in a pedal push of 5 inches in stock form …. Now with the pedal commander you can set that full throttle to be achieved in say 4 inches for a ‘faster’ response… Or, if you want to be gas saver you can set full throttle to be achieved in 6 inches of pedal push… so your previous stock 5 inches is now only 80% of full throttle.

makes sense ?

Troyoffroad

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Laramie. I just installed the Banks Pedal Monster. Installed super easy and links with the phone. 3 modes(city, street and track) with 10 adjustable levels in each mode to fine tune the feel. Also has a stock mode. Amazed at the difference it has made to my truck. Much quicker, more responsive, lighter feeling.
Researched like crazy before deciding on the Banks. I feel it’s hands down the best. DF75E13B-9FBC-4B16-889D-AFCA4267EC4F.jpeg DF75E13B-9FBC-4B16-889D-AFCA4267EC4F.jpeg

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've been thinking about getting this, but I'm mostly used to hitting the gas about a second and a half beforehand. Like, logic suggests that when you're in the right lane and want to move into the left to pass, you signal, and then start hitting the gas as you move over. But it comes naturally to me at this point to start hitting the gas when I signal, and then start moving over.

Same thing with merging and other similar instances. I almost always end up hitting the gas a second or two before I know I will actually need the speed increase. Am I my own pedal commander, or is having such a thing a different experience entirely?

brenan00

Reaction score
I've been thinking about getting this, but I'm mostly used to hitting the gas about a second and a half beforehand. Like, logic suggests that when you're in the right lane and want to move into the left to pass, you signal, and then start hitting the gas as you move over. But it comes naturally to me at this point to start hitting the gas when I signal, and then start moving over.

Same thing with merging and other similar instances. I almost always end up hitting the gas a second or two before I know I will actually need the speed increase. Am I my own pedal commander, or is having such a thing a different experience entirely?
I have a Banks if you would like to try one out before you make a decision. It’s small so postage won’t be much, HI to PA. Shoot a dm if you would like to give it a try. Laters

CanRebel

Reaction score

Different experience.

If it's actually worth the high cost... You would have judge for yourself.
I think, if you purchase it directly from them. You can it for 30 days and return if you don't like it.

It is mostly a toy thought in my view.

Troyoffroad

Reaction score

Like I said about the Banks Pedal Monster, it made a huge difference. You no longer have the mush pedal and you get instant feedback and power. The thing I really like is the ability to fine tune the sensitivity with the multiple levels within the 3 modes. It wakes these trucks up like crazy.

Troyoffroad

Reaction score
Different experience.

If it's actually worth the high cost... You would have judge for yourself.
I think, if you purchase it directly from them. You can it for 30 days and return if you don't like it.

It is mostly a toy thought in my view.
I paid $275 straight from Banks. I think the $275 isn’t that high of a cost for what it does to the Ram. We’ll worth it in my opinion.
Not sure about it being a toy thought at all?

Users who are viewing this thread