5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Throttle hesitation at take off...

Draconicus Mechanicus

Reaction score
I've had this same problem since I got my truck new. Maybe I'm just crazy, but I swear it feels way less pronounced when I put 89 octane in versus 87. The manual calls for 89 with 87 being only acceptable, but not preferred.

Paco

Reaction score
I know the 2014-2019 had a procedure to reset the throttle. Turn to run,slowly push pedal to floor then release. It's something like that,sorry been a while. If you drive it hard, your truck will probably not dothis as it learns your driving habits. Problem sets to be people driving to concerve gas,so even the tranny gets sloppy. Try driving spirited for a hour. When you drive away hard,you will spin out.????.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I know the 2014-2019 had a procedure to reset the throttle. Turn to run,slowly push pedal to floor then release. It's something like that,sorry been a while. If you drive it hard, your truck will probably not dothis as it learns your driving habits. Problem sets to be people driving to concerve gas,so even the tranny gets sloppy. Try driving spirited for a hour. When you drive away hard,you will spin out.????.
Yes you can relearn the throttle. It will eventually go back to laggy if you drive normal for a few days. Without the delay I would make much worse fuel mileage and would spin the tires, so it doesn’t bother me. I’m used to it now.

Paco

Reaction score
Yes you can relearn the throttle. It will eventually go back to laggy if you drive normal for a few days. Without the delay I would make much worse fuel mileage and would spin the tires, so it doesn’t bother me. I’m used to it now.
My problem for my eco lag was a GDE tune for the last 7 years.

Ch.payton

Reaction score
I have this issue too and I have the non etorque 5.7. It only happens for me when I’m stopped at a light and then let off the break to start moving. Like the break releases late or when people used to install high stall torque converters

Users who are viewing this thread