5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Throttle controller

Jwedding1989

Reaction score
Looking into a throttle controller for the lag at take off or the lag in general. I've got my eye on 2 so far and it's pedal monster and amp'd 2.0, I've heard to many bad things about pedal commander so that's out of the question. Any other recommendations?

BackCountryinNJ

banned at member request but still lurking
Reaction score
I had a pedal commander in my 4th gen for years....problem free. I also have one in my Camaro and Cadillac, both installed for several years and never had a single issue. Of course, I put one in my 5th gen a week after I got it. Still problem free there too.

Geddyflea

Reaction score
Same here. Pedal Commander with no problems at all. Just need to make sure its installed and used per the instructions.

plivanec

Reaction score
Does the pedal commander do much? Just wondering how much the difference is.

Geddyflea

Reaction score
Does the pedal commander do much? Just wondering how much the difference is.
It's according to which setting you're using. I have mine set to economy +4 and it suits my driving style. I had it set to city +4 then +2 and the throttle response was to quick for my taste.

RLee276

Reaction score
Looking into a throttle controller for the lag at take off or the lag in general. I've got my eye on 2 so far and it's pedal monster and amp'd 2.0, I've heard to many bad things about pedal commander so that's out of the question. Any other recommendations?
Speedform throttle controller. It’s like 60 bucks on American trucks. I’ve had mine 4 or 5 months and love it. No issues at all.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Sprintbooster works fine for me. Also after you set it you can unplug the controller, (or leave it in, it's super tiny)

Users who are viewing this thread