5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Throttle close delay after quick accel

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Its not an issue. Try it on any car and it will do the same thing. Completely normal

This is the very first vehicle I've driven with a noticeable lag of a full second (or sometimes more) when transitioning from throttle to brake. And I've driven a few vehicles in my life.... and plenty of new ones too...

If you notice, I mentioned my previous vehicles did not exhibit this condition.

SColang22

Reaction score
This is the very first vehicle I've driven with a noticeable lag of a full second (or sometimes more) when transitioning from throttle to brake. And I've driven a few vehicles in my life.... and plenty of new ones too...

If you notice, I mentioned my previous vehicles did not exhibit this condition.
All 3 vehicles in my driveway right now have a lag when you stomp the pedal and pull off immediately. 2 fords and a ram. It’s the computer controlling your shift points and throttle response.

tul9033

Reaction score
I test drove one with eTorque and while merging onto the freeway it was very noticeable. It was like it wanted to keep accelerating for a second after letting off the pedal. Not something I've ever experienced before.

Users who are viewing this thread