5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Three car seats

HasarangaWanindu

Reaction score
Does anyone have little kids that require 3 car seats? I have a crew cab and I’m worried about the width of the seat and having 3 car seats side by side. We currently have 2 forward facing car seats and the wife and I are planning to soon have a third kid. If any of you have had kids lately,
omegle xender

you know how huge car seats have gotten. It’s hard enough to get my oldest’s seatbelt buckled with the middle being open. I love my Ram, but I might need to upgrade to something like the new Wagoneer if 3 car seats wide isn’t realistic.

Last edited:

Drivinfast247

Reaction score
Not gonna happen, unless you're a short person. That's a majority of the reason I opted for the crew cab.

FYI: the new Grand Cherokee has 3rd row seating.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not gonna happen, unless you're a short person. That's a majority of the reason I opted for the crew cab.

FYI: the new Grand Cherokee has 3rd row seating.

Doesn't the original poster have a crew cab though?

I don't have 3 kids, but I've seen this discussed here before and I could have sworn I saw people who said they ran 3 car seats in the back of their crew cabs.

firedfly

Reaction score
We only have two car seats and don't have our Ram yet. However, I found this YouTube video showing 2 forward facing and 1 rear facing car seats installed:

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There's cargo tie downs in the bed. I'm sure the LATCH straps will hook on 😄 Plus the fresh air will do them good. (kidding of course)

On a (slightly) more serious note, I know they're not 'cool' but there is a certain vehicle out there whose entire reason for being is to transport multiple tiny humans; The much maligned minivan! Unless you're towing something large, they're also extremely useful cargo haulers too with all the seats down. Nobody wants to drive one, but it's the right tool for the job. My wife's Pacifica was a really nice family hauler.

Back on topic, looks like @firedfly has the answer above. Doesn't look like it would be fun to wrestle the baby carrier into position over the forward facing seats though.

dandar

Reaction score
Diono Radian 3rxt is specifically designed for that. It will fit 3 side by side in mid-size sedans, never mind a Ram.

theeuroguy

Reaction score
2020 Crew cab here. 3 grandkids; 1 rear and 2 forward facing. Tight but works. Not sure how I am going to do the4th one 🤔

Drivinfast247

Reaction score
Doesn't the original poster have a crew cab though?

I don't have 3 kids, but I've seen this discussed here before and I could have sworn I saw people who said they ran 3 car seats in the back of their crew cabs.
Oh....I'm an idiot! That's correct.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
3 car seats fit no problem. I have 3 in there right now with room to spare. Graco click connect (rear facing infant carrier), Graco 3-in-1, and a smaller one for my 4 year old that uses the seat belt. It's still a chair and headrest, but it's just converted to the booster style without the harness.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Several options as others have mentioned that will fit - I'll also recommend the Clek Foonf. The seat is crazy expensive but is built like a tank, super easy to install with rigid latch, very narrow wdth and depth so it doesn't interfere with front seats or block passage for kids or adults to get past the seats etc. Also both on mine still look new after 4 years of use.

Users who are viewing this thread