5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thoughts... switching tires at the dealer

mdelzell

Reaction score
Anyone have experience having the dealer change out the OEM tires for AT at little or no expense when ordering a new truck?

Wanting AT tires in a limited but don’t want the ORG

Barney556180

Reaction score
Just leased a 2019 Laramie. I wanted decent snow/off-road tires instead of the OEMs. (My previous RAM with same tires was marginal at best in the snow.)

My dealer gave me $600 credit on the OEMs towards a set of Goodyear Wrangler DuraTracs. I paid the difference plus mounting and balancing.

This was the clincher on the deal.

SB89

Reaction score
Just leased a 2019 Laramie. I wanted decent snow/off-road tires instead of the OEMs. (My previous RAM with same tires was marginal at best in the snow.)

My dealer gave me $600 credit on the OEMs towards a set of Goodyear Wrangler DuraTracs. I paid the difference plus mounting and balancing.

This was the clincher on the deal.
I’m going to call my parts department tomorrow and try the same thing but I might be too late. I’ve got 600 miles on the Duelers but want to upgrade to a bit bigger tire with some more traction for off-roading and snow.

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m going to call my parts department tomorrow and try the same thing but I might be too late. I’ve got 600 miles on the Duelers but want to upgrade to a bit bigger tire with some more traction for off-roading and snow.
I was thinking the same thing would like a little bit bigger tread on the tire as I take it on the beach with a travel trailer. How are the 80 tires on the road driving around town do you notice a difference? Do they sound much louder?

pinkerton

Reaction score
Anyone have experience having the dealer change out the OEM tires for AT at little or no expense when ordering a new truck?

Wanting AT tires in a limited but don’t want the ORG
I just bought a Limited with ORG and DON'T want the AT tires - maybe we can work something out? Where are you located?

Users who are viewing this thread