5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thoughts on trimming preload spacers on Readylift SST

scRAMbled

Reaction score
I found a great deal locally on a new, never installed Readylift 3.5 SST kit. Wasn't planning to level my truck completely as I would like to keep about an inch of rake for hauling my sled and towing. I have 22" from hub center to fender on the front and 23.5" rear driver side and 24" rear passenger side. If I add the full Readylift kit I'd be about level to possibly 1/2" of rake based on these numbers. I'm considering trimming the top off the preload spacers by about 1/4"-3/8" or so. I'm thinking that would take away about 1/2" of lift at the end of the hub. I don't plan on running 35s. I have a set of 305/55/20 waiting to go on my stock wheels with a 3/8" spacer.
Thought on trimming this spacer? I know I could ditch the Readylift preload and the top hat and get a 2.5" top from motofab but I already have this stuff here. 20200724_095151.jpg

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
with how cheap leveling kits are in the grand scheme of things, i'd probably feel better trying to sell the kit you currently have on the forum and then getting the proper spacer that you want that'll achieve the level you want. Not saying it can't be done but im just not sure it'd be worth it to me personally, but you might feel differently which is OK too! I have no doubt you'd be able to get back what you paid for the kit

scRAMbled

Reaction score
I'm sure I can make my money back, but I do like the kit. Was planning on doing the Readylift arms, a 2.5" front and 2" rear orginally but for the price I paid for this kit I'm in it for the price of the spacers and getting just the arms. My other thought was to just install it as is and throw some airbags in the rear for when I have my sled in the bed. In the winter with my sled (575 lbs wet weight) gear, plus an extra 20 gallons of fuel, sled ramp, etc, I probably have 900lbs in the bed.

scRAMbled

Reaction score
You could also ditch the preload spacers and get some Bilstein 5100's and set them to your liking.
Yep I know I could. But I see no reason to spend another $300+ if I don't have to. Just wanted to get some thoughts and see if anyone considered it. Taking some to the top off of the preload spacer would soften up the ride too. I'm probably going to give it a shot, just need to figure out how I'm going to cut it down. Worst case, I end up ditching them and the top hat and go with a motofab.

Users who are viewing this thread