5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thoughts on the Mopar Bed Divider Part #82215481

TimGee

Reaction score
Hey all,

Yesterday I installed the Mopar bed divider using the BUG cargo rails. It works okay but there's one major issue. The idea is that Mopar divider runs on it's own rails that mount onto the Ram cargo rails with the use of 3 aluminum insets that you use to screw the two rails together. The problem is that the inserts that mate the two rails together slide of their own accord so even though the rails are mated togehter they freely slide along the Ram rails. I have the 6'4" bed so there's about 12 inches of slide that the Mopar rail will move within on the Ram cargo rail. There needs to be a way that bolts the Mopar rail to the Ram rail so it will not move.

There's also a lot of play in the rail to rail connection. The constuction of the Mopar rails is a very light wieght aluminum l-bracket a little heavier than a rain gutter. I wish they had just figured out how to attach the divider to the Ram cargo rail since that is a lot heavier duty. So for a workaround I placed garden hose washers between each of the six attachment points of the two rails . This should secure them together well enough for lightweight use. The divider slides well and locks down into pre-cut slots on the divider rails so there're a lot of postions to divide your bed into. I wouldn't expect it to securely hold more than about 25 lbs because as I mentioned the build is very light weight but it work well with lighter items like keeping groceries from sliding in the bed. But if you slammed on your breaks hard enough a case of water would probably bust right through the thing.

If anyone knows how to keep the unit more secure to the ram cargo rails that doesn't rely on friction I'd appreciate the advice. Otherwise I may just drill some holes through both rails to bolt them together. Also, what the hell are the silver hooks for? For the life of me I can't figure that one out.

Tim

Wide.jpeg

Right of Bed by Cab.jpeg

Right of Bed by Gate.jpeg

Ex_dutch

Reaction score
The hooks are for holding up the divider. You slide out the front and tip it flat, there are 2 stubs that you hook into the hooks.
works great if you have something that’s long, but not tall.

Users who are viewing this thread