5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thoughts on Mopar cold air intake and cat-back exhaust

Eyecutter98

Reaction score
So I’m considering having the dealer install the Mopar stuff to ensure warranty is okay. I have some credit with the dealership so it would be cheaper than getting 3rd party brands. I see a lot on here about 3rd party brands but not the Mopar stuff. What’s the consensus? Better torque, gas mileage, sound? Much different than 3rd party?
Thx fellas!

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yes I have the Mopar exhaust installed but I did not do it for increased power. I wanted a sound to me that reflected having an 8cyl vehicle, and also to appease my wife/ daughters. Honestly you can achieve what I have solely with swapping to a better muffler. I will when or IF it ever becomes available, get the Mopar cai but only because I like it’s looked and it’s covered under their warranty.

I have to say that Mopar exhaust definitely is sweet both sound wise and fitment though. :)

RamConvert82

Reaction score
Yes I have the Mopar exhaust installed but I did not do it for increased power. I wanted a sound to me that reflected having an 8cyl vehicle, and also to appease my wife/ daughters. Honestly you can achieve what I have solely with swapping to a better muffler. I will when or IF it ever becomes available, get the Mopar cai but only because I like it’s looked and it’s covered under their warranty.

I have to say that Mopar exhaust definitely is sweet both sound wise and fitment though. :)
How much louder is it in the cab while driving? Are we talking Borla Atak or Touring ends of the spectrum? I'm looking to achieve the same sound improvement without voiding the warranty. But I don't want to totally ruin the quiet ride with drone.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I can have a casual leveled conversation with the radio on sound wise. Now I have to say when you punch it, it will definitely let you know that it’s there. I’ve only had the Borla S & Touring but I would say it’s more refined sounding then both. My wife who is the harsher critic actually has driven it and gave it her approval. But I’ll tell you like I’ve told others, if you want quiet stay stock.

RamConvert82

Reaction score
I can have a casual leveled conversation with the radio on sound wise. Now I have to say when you punch it, it will definitely let you know that it’s there. I’ve only had the Borla S & Touring but I would say it’s more refined sounding then both. My wife who is the harsher critic actually has driven it and gave it her approval. But I’ll tell you like I’ve told others, if you want quiet stay stock.
Very fair assessment. Thanks!

Ramron

Reaction score
I also have the new Mopar car back exhaust installed. I had a 14” manga flow muffler installed as soon as I got the truck last October while I waited for the Mopar version. I have an extended warranty and wanted t9 keep the add on Mopar. I agree with PorBoy, when you hit the gas, you can tell. However at cruising speeds it is very quiet in the cab. They did a nice job. Just my 2¢.

RamConvert82

Reaction score
I also have the new Mopar car back exhaust installed. I had a 14” manga flow muffler installed as soon as I got the truck last October while I waited for the Mopar version. I have an extended warranty and wanted t9 keep the add on Mopar. I agree with PorBoy, when you hit the gas, you can tell. However at cruising speeds it is very quiet in the cab. They did a nice job. Just my 2¢.
Also appreciated. I have the extended warranty as well and similar concerns.

Users who are viewing this thread