5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thoughts on LT vs passenger tires

Beendare

Reaction score
Whats your thoughts on using a lighter duty tire on a Ram 1500 4x4 vs a LT- Light truck tire for a truck that will be towing a boat and going off road occasionally?

Sure the ride is going to be better with the lighter duty tire....but is it that much better?

The one set of Nittos I'm looking at are 61# for the LT's, and 47# for the lighter duty tires.....a 14# difference. Is there a noticeable performance difference- like worse fuel mileage...or is it splitting hairs?

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Whats your thoughts on using a lighter duty tire on a Ram 1500 4x4 vs a LT- Light truck tire for a truck that will be towing a boat and going off road occasionally?

Sure the ride is going to be better with the lighter duty tire....but is it that much better?

The one set of Nittos I'm looking at are 61# for the LT's, and 47# for the lighter duty tires.....a 14# difference. Is there a noticeable performance difference- like worse fuel mileage...or is it splitting hairs?
Not changing my factory Falkens for a while, but you might want to try the search feature. There've been several threads looking at tires, particularly Nitto and BFG.

Beendare

Reaction score
Seems like guys are split on all of the threads when it comes to ride.....

I've never had a smooth riding truck like this air suspension Ram Limited.....just wondering if guys that are towing and hunting off road think the light duty tires are a little squishy or get more flats.

Users who are viewing this thread