5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thoughts on dealerships price

Kendal

Reaction score
I’m thinking of purchasing a1500 Laramie night edition with MSRP 64900 no discount,however, 31500 trade in value for my eco diesel 1500 Laramie with 53000 miles also 500 added for some dealership cost ……any thoughts also I have no credits from Chrysler …..this is in Gaithersburg Maryland at Chriswell

BluegrassMotorsport

Reaction score
I wouldn't pay MSRP for a truck when you have the option not to. There are a few dealers mentioned across this Forum who regularly give discounts, even in this Covid market. Mark Dodge in Louisiana is the most popular and typically gives the largest discounts. They quoted me 13.5% under MSRP on a 2022 order that I hope to be officially ordering this fall. That's a far cry from Maryland, but you will still come out way ahead after shipping or a flight/hotel if you decide to fly-and-drive.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It is really hard to say now - my 2021 Laramie was MSRP $56,350 and when I bought in May they sold it to me for $42,000 plus added a bedliner and gave me $42,000 for my 2019 Big Horn so it was an awesome deal. I also was buying a truck off the lot that had been in inventory for 3= months so not a normal deal.

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m thinking of purchasing a1500 Laramie night edition with MSRP 64900 no discount,however, 31500 trade in value for my eco diesel 1500 Laramie with 53000 miles also 500 added for some dealership cost ……any thoughts also I have no credits from Chrysler …..this is in Gaithersburg Maryland at Chriswell
If you need it now, that’s one thing. And right now, inventory is low, so prices are high.

But check with Craig at Koons Tyson’s, and Jacob at Clarksville...

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
What year is your trade-in? My local dealership didn't move much off MSRP on my 2021 Limited (less than 5%), but they gave me a great deal on my trade-in. So in my opinion I still got a good deal on it. Try working with them on your trade-in value if this truck has everything you want. If you're settling for this truck then do what others have said and contact those other dealerships like Mark Dodge.

Fatherdeath

Reaction score
last month I was able to get my 1500 5.7 ETorque Bighorn for about 15-16% under MSRP then got 10k for a paid off 08 yukon Denali that was a POS

Nova90

Reaction score
I live in PA and tried the Criswell, Koons, and everywhere in between route. In the end, I purchased from Aaron at Mark Dodge. Nobody was able to touch the pricing and guarantee to lock in incentives that Mark Dodge offered.

fireberd350

Reaction score
I live in PA and tried the Criswell, Koons, and everywhere in between route. In the end, I purchased from Aaron at Mark Dodge. Nobody was able to touch the pricing and guarantee to lock in incentives that Mark Dodge offered.
@Nova90 Nice Truck!! I live in PA and am getting every dealer at MSRP. Can you share steps with how you went about getting this deal done w/ Mark Dodge in Louisiana? Thanks!

Nova90

Reaction score
@Nova90 Nice Truck!! I live in PA and am getting every dealer at MSRP. Can you share steps with how you went about getting this deal done w/ Mark Dodge in Louisiana? Thanks!
Thank you. It couldn't have been any easier. I went online and configured my build. Next, sent it to Aaron Ginsburgh at Mark Dodge. Aaron gave me a price (about 6.5% under invoice in Mar 2021). Aaron also completed the paperwork to lock in factory incentives using the Sold Customer Order Protection program. Put down a deposit on the credit card and waited for my Rebel to be built. Once it was delivered to Mark Dodge, Aaron arranged for shipment to my house in PA. All the paperwork was done via email. I live a little north of Philly in the suburbs. The shipping was $900. Mark Dodge sent me a temporary registration until they got it registered in PA. They handled all that too.

fireberd350

Reaction score
Thank you. It couldn't have been any easier. I went online and configured my build. Next, sent it to Aaron Ginsburgh at Mark Dodge. Aaron gave me a price (about 6.5% under invoice in Mar 2021). Aaron also completed the paperwork to lock in factory incentives using the Sold Customer Order Protection program. Put down a deposit on the credit card and waited for my Rebel to be built. Once it was delivered to Mark Dodge, Aaron arranged for shipment to my house in PA. All the paperwork was done via email. I live a little north of Philly in the suburbs. The shipping was $900. Mark Dodge sent me a temporary registration until they got it registered in PA. They handled all that too.
Thats amazing. I just texted Aaron. About to get this thing in motion.

fireberd350

Reaction score
@Nova90 I'm soaking in all the tips for best deals. Did you do anything with signing up with these affiliate programs or such?

bpwj76

Reaction score
6.5% under invoice or MSRP?

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
6.5% under invoice or MSRP?

Probably invoice, I've never seen their dealer discount go below 11-12% below msrp. I ordered a longhorn in March and got about 13.5% dealer discount from them, can't remember what that was below invoice but I can look it up on my paperwork.

bpwj76

Reaction score
Probably invoice, I've never seen their dealer discount go below 11-12% below msrp. I ordered a longhorn in March and got about 13.5% dealer discount from them, can't remember what that was below invoice but I can look it up on my paperwork.
Wow, that's awesome! It looks like a 4-5 month time-frame from when people place their order to when it's delivered to the dealer. I am going to place my order in Feb, because I'm looking at purchasing next summer.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wow, that's awesome! It looks like a 4-5 month time-frame from when people place their order to when it's delivered to the dealer. I am going to place my order in Feb, because I'm looking at purchasing next summer.

Yep and I have to say, it was by a longshot my best experience buying a vehicle I've ever had. I wasted time looking for deals anywhere in the northeast as Mark Dodge is 1500 miles away from me, but they will be my first call next time I'm looking to buy.

Best of luck on yours, will look forward to seeing it next summer.

bpwj76

Reaction score
Yep and I have to say, it was by a longshot my best experience buying a vehicle I've ever had. I wasted time looking for deals anywhere in the northeast as Mark Dodge is 1500 miles away from me, but they will be my first call next time I'm looking to buy.

Best of luck on yours, will look forward to seeing it next summer.
They are about 200 miles from my house according to Google Maps.

Thanks, I look forward to seeing it as well ;)

Users who are viewing this thread