5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thoughts on build/price

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Curious for those who refer to all the issue with air suspension - have any of you experienced or heard of an issue on a 5thgen truck? Keeping in mind that HD2500 and 3500 and 1500 classics are all 4th gen trucks has anyone reported similar air suspension issues on a 5thgen 2019 or newer 1500? I have been obsessing over this as I really like the concept and want it on my next truck but was scared off by all the issues with cold weather but they seem to have been solved.

@hammer722 is the only one I can remember seeing on this board with a 5th Gen air suspension problem, but he also had a lift kit installed

1BFFE1B7-B54A-4130-A15E-D744DC5AFC29.jpeg

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What ever you do, do not buy a current gen Tundra. If I were you, just wait till they show off the 2022 Tundra (May-June). It will be miles better. A 2008 Tundra is virtually the same as a 2021, at that point, you might as well buy a Used one. Use the New one to compare with the Ram's.

Shamrock92

Reaction score
Not just air suspension- I sometimes question how many forumites experience alot of the "issues" reported on here.

Now there are some I will admit are common. But some of these things are almost to the point of urban legend.

I've said it before and will repeat - it almost feels like the fine folks over at tundras get together to crow on how "reliable" their trucks are and how they never experience any of the problems any big 3 make has - and the folks here get together to see who found the latest failure in their trucks.

Ok, not so simple - on both this is just a vocal minority. Most are helpful and really friendly. I'll actually say it's this forum (and wife's nagging) that keep me considering Ram over Toyota. Support is a big thing to me in the purchase...I understand this won't be my last vehicle ever...just the next 10 years probably. Dealers change management and owners regularly these days and personnel even faster.

I like the Tundra in many respects - but as far as forum support I gotta give Ram an edge here. I'll take people discussing fixes any day over a few know it all's talking about things they have no clue about. Again - its not everyone over there by any means - just a vocal few.

Users who are viewing this thread