5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thoughts on bed liner

AmericanRebelution

Reaction score
Linex Premium topped off with rubber mat for me. The Linex Premium is thick, tough, and doesn't fade. I also like the more glossy look and feel.

xxxtreme81

Reaction score
I used the dual liner. And I am very satisfied with the value and the price point. Easy install and I really like the rubber mat vs my old factory plastic drop in.

Attachments

• 20200605_125518.jpg
    20200605_125518.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 57

Barney21

Reaction score
I also went with the dual liner, it looks good, installed in just minutes, and the rubber mat can easily be removed for cleaning if needed.

Neex

Reaction score
First time I've ever had the bed rug and it's all I'll ever have in my trucks. Can't comment on the longevity of it, and It stays out of the weather since I have a cover over it.

RunsWithBeer

Reaction score
I've had rhino liner in the past and didn't like it for times that I needed to "slide" heavy stuff in-out of the bed. I've not gone with the plastic liners because of the moisture issue. I just use a cheap rubber mat for when I'm tossing stuff in and don't want them to slide and then remove the mat (weighs 50 lbs) when I need to slide things in or out. The paint on the wheel wells and tailgate are already a bit scratched up.

A slide in liner will rub the paint over time and trap moisture eventually causing rust. The prep for a spray in liner removes your paint, so in all cases (slide-in, bed liner, or no liner) you are scratching the bed of the truck up. But hey, it's a truck, not a Lexus.

I've not tried the bedrug option but when moving heavy stuff around in the bed I'd wonder how well the "rug" stays in place when it's only attached by some adhesive backed velcro.

Kone

Reaction score
I've got the DualLiner and I love it. It's the best of both worlds: the sidewalls are protected by a hard, impact resistant material, while the bed floor is protected by a thick rubber no-skid mat. Anything that's in your bed definitely won't be sliding around!
Have my eye on the Dualliner but am having trouble with idea the hard plastic sides aren't any different than a traditional drop-in where they move and scrape bed finish leading to rust?

Users who are viewing this thread