5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thoughts on American Racing Headers Exhaust

campbell_81

Reaction score
I recently purchased a flowmaster exhaust system for my truck, and right after installing it, I backed into my flatbed trailer and messed up my bumper. The exhaust was not damaged too bad, but insurance is willing to replace it.

The body shop said they will replace it with whatever exhaust system I would like. I wasn't the happiest with the flowmaster, and I have heard only one video clip of a 2019 with American Racing Headers exhuast and I really liked the way it sounds. It is a little on the expensive side when it comes to an exhaust. Has anyone had any expierence with this brand before? Are there any other recommendations? I am going for deep sound that has little to no drone in the cab.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I know this is a loaded question, but what’s the budget that they are willing to put out ?

campbell_81

Reaction score
I know this is a loaded question, but what’s the budget that they are willing to put out ?
From what I understand, there really isn't a budget. But I felt $1,500 was quite a bit as well. This is my daily driver, and I tow a 6500# travel trailer every now and then throughout the spring/summer, so that is why I want as little to no drone as possible.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Honestly based upon what you’re needs are, my suggestion is you go oem with a swapped out Borla muffler and 5” tips.

Users who are viewing this thread