5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thoughts on actually price

Cost for 12" or nice options too much?

• Yes

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Understandable

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Yes, wish options were not grouped

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
EP (Family discount) is not the same as the friend discount Chrysler offers for employees. Employees have a code they can give out and those people can get the "friend" discount not the EP discount. EP is for relatives from grandparents to grandchildren and to whoever they marry. When using EP (Family Discount) you must show proof of the family relation to the Chrysler employee with the employee's code. EP (Family Discount) is below the dealer's price so the dealer does not make any money on the sale therefore you can not negotiate that low. People will say they have but they haven't otherwise it would be pointless for the dealership to sell you the car.

D

Deleted member 85

Kapnbill said:
Sorry to ask a dumb question but oh well here I go...is there any way to get EP pricing if you are not an employee?
Thanks
I can provide a client "EP" pricing any time.

The difference is that if you are an employee I get an extremely minuscule kick-back from FCA for the deal.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
BobbiBigWheels said:
I can provide a client "EP" pricing any time.

The difference is that if you are an employee I get an extremely minuscule kick-back from FCA for the deal.
Where is the dealership you can do this at? I find this very hard to believe.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
alacombe said:
I was down to $363 over EP on an in stock truck.... but was able to order for $750 over EP.

SoCal Truck

Reaction score
Not sure how you guys are getting this pricing. Out here in SoCal, no deals except the $1000 off. They are flying out the door. Great deals on 2018s.

D

Deleted member 85

alacombe said:
EP is just dead, dead cost. I don't understand why there's so much smoke and mirrors around this to be honest. A dealer pays $xxx for a vehicle, and must sell it for at least $xxx to not lose money. It's not that confusing.

EP is cost before hold-back, hold-back I've explained in a different thread. An EP deal is cost before hold-back, less any amount of the 2% (in Canada) kick-back should the dealer want to go below cost for the employee.

Vehicles are just assets that we sell, no different than a jug of milk. It costs xyz to milk, bottle, etc - must sell for more than xyz to keep the doors open.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How does "invoice" compare to "EP" to true dealer cost - less any after the sale credits.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On the POCs I've seen, EP to Invoice is greater than holdback?

From what I've gathered...

MSRP
Invoice is 92% of MSRP
EP is 87.76 of MSRP
Holdback is 3%? (Not at home with my notes)

But I'm not in the industry and may be getting mixed up with FCA and Ford.

D

Deleted member 85

I really don't know where people are getting all these crazy percentages from... here's an invoice for an FCA vehicle ->

(see attachment)

EP top left - the lowest number you'll notice on here.
Sub-Total Excluding Taxes - that's invoice (notice it is exactly $500 more than EP.
GKRP = MSRP
PREF* - preferred pricing program, not EP, the kind of discount that a handful of companies get for their employees through FCA.

The magic here is that hold-back is $500, it's not a percentage. On trucks it is more than $500, but it is not a percentage.

Attachments

• pasted-from-clipboard.png
    pasted-from-clipboard.png
    140.8 KB · Views: 67

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Percentages are based on what I'm seeing on the POCs. I've got a Ram one sitting on my desk.... here is a Jeep one I found during a quick Google search.

iovYRF2.jpg

D

Deleted member 85

Must be an American thing. Canada is pre-set amounts, not percentage.

I Love Grits

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
alacombe said:
Bought my truck from Neil at Demontrond in Conroe, TX. Priced Order Confirmation (POC) shows EP of $55,503 - sale price was $54,995 (excluding incentives).

SoCal Truck said:
Not sure how you guys are getting this pricing. Out here in SoCal, no deals except the $1000 off. They are flying out the door. Great deals on 2018s.
I found the dealer I chose by browsing various forums and contacting member's recommendations. You might have to travel a bit, but I remember seeing some leads of dealerships in Nevada. Check the JL Forums.

Users who are viewing this thread