5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thoughts on 2021 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel vs 2021 Ford F150 V6 Hybrid?

RRRAAAAMMMM2020

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am seriously considering a new truck and really like the utility offered by the Ram 1500 EcoDiesel with Rambox and Multi Function tailgate (21 mpg city and 29 mpg highway). With that said, fuel economy has been posted for the 2021 Ford F150 Powerboost that achieves 24 mpg city and 24 mpg highway (24 mpg combined). I am very conflicted and looking forward to your thoughts. I likely would have bought a truck by now if I could find a decent deal (very difficult right now with no manufacturer incentives as dealers at most are only offering 10k off a 90k truck and no additional rebates in the CDN market)

brettguercio

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am seriously considering a new truck and really like the utility offered by the Ram 1500 EcoDiesel with Rambox and Multi Function tailgate (21 mpg city and 29 mpg highway). With that said, fuel economy has been posted for the 2021 Ford F150 Powerboost that achieves 24 mpg city and 24 mpg highway (24 mpg combined). I am very conflicted and looking forward to your thoughts. I likely would have bought a truck by now if I could find a decent deal (very difficult right now with no manufacturer incentives as dealers at most are only offering 10k off a 90k truck and no additional rebates in the CDN market)
Hi everyone,

Ford has been raising the msrp on trucks last couple of years and offering.less rebates on lariat and higher trims

CJR28

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

The Ford may have better fuel economy but the ramboxes and the MFT are worth the loss by going with the Ram. I can speak for the Ramboxes(dont have the MFT) and they are the best invention any manufacturer has included on a pickup in the last few years and I will not get a pickup without them now. The Ram will also cost less then a similarly equipped Ford and has a better ride

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The Ram rides a lot better, coil or air vs. leaf springs. The added complication of a turbo plus the regulations on Diesel steered me away, and a Hemi is music to my ears so engine choice was simple

Ramjeep

Reaction score
I love my RAM but between those two options I would choose the ford. I hope RAM comes out with a Hybrid with the HEMI. I know they tried that before but now is the time. The City Mileage is horrible. I'm getting between 13-14.

RRRAAAAMMMM2020

Reaction score
I love my RAM but between those two options I would choose the ford. I hope RAM comes out with a Hybrid with the HEMI. I know they tried that before but now is the time. The City Mileage is horrible. I'm getting between 13-14.

I currently have a 2018 F150 with 3.5L EcoBoost and it has been great (no problems for 36k), however it is missing several key features I want to have. With what I get for fuel economy with the Ford the Hemi would be significantly worse. Also, in CDN I can spec out a fully loaded lariat before incentives that's cheaper than a similarly equipped Ram Rebel, Laramie or Limited. I love the look of the Ram, the functionality and the appeal of the mpg from the diesel but not sure I can get the right deal to make them similarly priced (will likely have to wait for more incentive from Ram in Nov/Dec or Feb-Mar)

RRRAAAAMMMM2020

Reaction score
Ford has been raising the msrp on trucks last couple of years and offering.less rebates on lariat and higher trims

Thanks for your response and I do agree prices seem to only increase, especially with full size trucks. In Canada at least, Ram's similarly equipped are more expensive (horrible finance rates most of the time) and financing rates for vehicles are typically even higher rates from other options (banks, credit unions, etc)

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online