5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thoughts - DIY immobilizer button

Pop's Ram

Reaction score
Another question, before I make this happen. Thinking this through, am I correct in assuming that even if the toggle switch is wired into the start/stop switch, remote start WILL still work? Of course, you would still have to flip the switch upon entry before hitting the start/stop switch in order to start moving. Just want to ensure that remote start will still work. @Doc33 - is this accurate?

Doc33

Reaction score
Another question, before I make this happen. Thinking this through, am I correct in assuming that even if the toggle switch is wired into the start/stop switch, remote start WILL still work? Of course, you would still have to flip the switch upon entry before hitting the start/stop switch in order to start moving. Just want to ensure that remote start will still work. @Doc33 - is this accurate?
Yes remote start still works

Tattoofever6971

Reaction score
Came up with my solution today and it works great, put a toggle switch in on the wiring that goes to the push button start switch. When toggle is activated there is no power to start button. Is it 100% effective....no but will definitely slow theif down and has to find toggle to get it started.
That’s simple enough good idea !if they want it thell tow it but the kill switch will stop most of the low level clowns as they don’t wanna hang around too long to get it going
Does your remote start still work with the kill switch engaged?

Cnyncrvr

Reaction score
That’s simple enough good idea !if they want it thell tow it but the kill switch will stop most of the low level clowns as they don’t wanna hang around too long to get it going
Does your remote start still work with the kill switch engaged?

Not as cheap or simple as splicing in a simple toggle switch but my preferred method now a days is an IGLA system from Author Alarm.

Not cheap as I said but the fact that it blocks shifting the truck, blocks key programming and code scanning makes me worry a little less about my Ram, and my Challenger.
I dont work for the company but I use their products on two of my vehicles with great success and no issues so far.

Tattoofever6971

Reaction score
Not as cheap or simple as splicing in a simple toggle switch but my preferred method now a days is an IGLA system from Author Alarm.

Not cheap as I said but the fact that it blocks shifting the truck, blocks key programming and code scanning makes me worry a little less about my Ram, and my Challenger.
I dont work for the company but I use their products on two of my vehicles with great success and no issues so far.

That’s definitely nice it’s funny I’ve seen countless videos of the cars being stolen on YouTube never though about me own until my wife said can’t they take your truck too ? Call it old age it never crossed my mind now I gotta do something
Thanks for the video

Users who are viewing this thread