5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thoughts about S & B CAI

roshang98

Reaction score
I would like to get some real life thoughts about S&B CAI.
1. Is it really improving MPG / HP
2. Is it worth to replace with stock one?
Input really appreciated.

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you are looking for dyno numbers I don't have any but I do have the S&B. Just the sheer size of the filter and the box allows huge volumes of air increases. I cannot say that it will help your mileage but I can say that an engine with increased airflow will respond with better horsepower numbers even if the exhaust side of the engine is not altered. Its less expensive than most other brands and it is a high quality product. Hope this helps

roshang98

Reaction score
If you are looking for dyno numbers I don't have any but I do have the S&B. Just the sheer size of the filter and the box allows huge volumes of air increases. I cannot say that it will help your mileage but I can say that an engine with increased airflow will respond with better horsepower numbers even if the exhaust side of the engine is not altered. Its less expensive than most other brands and it is a high quality product. Hope this helps
Sounds great.Thanks for your input.

Firebird

Reaction score
Had the S&B along with the MagnaFlow muffler on my 2015 Hemi, and really liked it. I can't say more hp, as I never Dyno it, but drivability was excellent

Derek_Rebel

Reaction score
I have S&B CAI and a Carven muffler swap. I love the sound both provide. The muffler swap helped the CAI alot. I cant really tell you there is a power difference or mpg improvement due to having them both for about 500 miles. But I can say the truck sounds so much better now!!!

hopVIP

Reaction score
I have an S&B on my Cummins and it's so good I'm putting one on my new 1500 Hemi very soon. Better everything including power and I did have my truck dyno'd after. Will show charts soon. I'm also a huge fan of Carven and will be getting that as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/