5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thought id show yall Bessie!

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
Took a long time to get where I am in life... never thought I'd reach this point. Let alone own my truck I could build and buy. Although I don't have the most money for the biggest and best mods, slowly but surly I will. Greatful and happy to be a owner of these trucks and happy to be part of the RAM community. Cheers!

Attachments

• 20240109_111433.jpg
    20240109_111433.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 79
  • 20231225_172129.jpg
    20231225_172129.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 77
  • 20231217_174202.jpg
    20231217_174202.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 78
  • 20231216_164749.jpg
    20231216_164749.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 79
  • 20231216_164713.jpg
    20231216_164713.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 81

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
welcome!
take your time to mod it right. no need to rush.
as a guy in the auto industry building offroad and overlanding rigs, these are my honest recommendations:
-do it right, do it once
-get stuff from reputable brands only
-don't do mickey mouse stuff (ie: spacers or chinese branded stuff)
-and don't be afraid to ask!

hope to see you out on the trails some day!

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
welcome!
take your time to mod it right. no need to rush.
as a guy in the auto industry building offroad and overlanding rigs, these are my honest recommendations:
-do it right, do it once
-get stuff from reputable brands only
-don't do mickey mouse stuff (ie: spacers or chinese branded stuff)
-and don't be afraid to ask!

hope to see you out on the trails some day!
Most defiantly agree with everything you said. There's a reason i dont have all the mods i want yet and its because the mods i want are all quality/high end stuff that cost alot of money i dont quite have (could easily afford it but i have alot of expensive hobbies and just bought a home, backyard has to be done first!). I worked way to hard in life to slap cheap things on my truck or anything for that matter. So id rather be patient and save the money so i can do it once, do it right, and get the good brands!

TheWaterman83

Reaction score
Welcome. Take your time with the mods. They will come with time. Best to save some coin for mods that double as maintenance. For example, my stock Bilsteins are done at 65k and I am putting 5100's in shortly, with Rough Country UCA's.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looking good, brother! Looking forward to watching your build come along. Keep up the good work.

Those hood badges are creative. I’m digging it. 😍

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Most defiantly agree with everything you said. There's a reason i dont have all the mods i want yet and its because the mods i want are all quality/high end stuff that cost alot of money i dont quite have (could easily afford it but i have alot of expensive hobbies and just bought a home, backyard has to be done first!). I worked way to hard in life to slap cheap things on my truck or anything for that matter. So id rather be patient and save the money so i can do it once, do it right, and get the good brands!
nice! i'm the same way too... working 3 jobs to afford the hobbies and the trips lol
feel free to send me a pm if you are unsure about anything from parts, labor costs, methods, trails, and trips. i love discussing these things with people who hold similar attitude toward their builds!

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
What is Slutzk?
when i was in middle school, a stupid little kid, i used to like to do graffiti. Slutz is what i used to write. The K at the end of Slutz came in high school for reasons id rather not say (again a stupid kid) and so Slutzk kinda just stuck. Now its my username for most social platforms

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
Looking good, brother! Looking forward to watching your build come along. Keep up the good work.

Those hood badges are creative. I’m digging it. 😍
Thanks man i appreciate it!

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
nice! i'm the same way too... working 3 jobs to afford the hobbies and the trips lol
feel free to send me a pm if you are unsure about anything from parts, labor costs, methods, trails, and trips. i love discussing these things with people who hold similar attitude toward their builds!
Followed for your help and appreciation, im on here heavily looking at you smart folks who really know these trucks b.c i refuse to buy cheap stuff or i want to make sure it is done correctly. i know ram is weird with warranty's so i do most everything at dealership... (important stuff that is not like the emblems or tint, etc... but yes i know i pay 300-500$ more than most anywhere but i dont want any reason, again i worked to hard for this truck, fun fact... when i did my suspension level and tires... the stealership was actually the lowest of the 5 places i called!) so again thank you.

mrclortho

Reaction score
Took a long time to get where I am in life... never thought I'd reach this point. Let alone own my truck I could build and buy. Although I don't have the most money for the biggest and best mods, slowly but surly I will. Greatful and happy to be a owner of these trucks and happy to be part of the RAM community. Cheers!

That is a great looking truck! I would have gone that exact color scheme had they of had one on the lot and I didn't get such a good deal at the time. You will be very happy with its comfort and its ability to do truck stuff. I tow a 7,500lb trailer, fill the bed with stuff, motorcycles, etc, off-road in the mountains and desert and this is one great truck. You look like you're using yours like it should be.

One modification I have found to be VERY useful, is a Softtopper. I love that I can lay it down so I am not running around with a hardtop all the time when I don't need it and pop it up in a pinch or for a trip. This is my second one in over 12 years and they have proven to be quite durable.

ram31.jpg

ram14.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread