5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thought I was going to buy a Ford then GMC...I was wrong!

Cptcoolie

Reaction score
Hello All, I purchased my first Ram/Dodge 3 May 2019, then went on Vacation 5 Days later. Just got back and am having fun figuring out my new Ram! I've been planning on purchasing a Pickup for years. At first I thought I was getting a Ford...In fact November of 2016 I hit a deer in my 2000 GMC Yukon XL and figured it would be totaled so I went Ford shopping. However, the insurance adjuster gave me an option to get it repaired and I jumped at the chance. Fast forward to now, and I was planning to buy a GMC AT4 by the end of the year to replace my aging Yukon XL. I have been impressed with my 19 year old Yukon so I decided I would give GMC another go. Well, I made the mistake of test driving the RAM (as well as the GMC and Ford) and it was a no brainer. I have now come full circle, because about 10 years ago, I was interested in the Ram pickup...lol. Anyway, I am happy to join the forum and have already found useful information by viewing the wealth of info on this site. Thanks for all the info.

Attachments

• e7jxRROmSg670e7BmQY98w.jpg
    e7jxRROmSg670e7BmQY98w.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 36
  • HfwGbwdFRHGqBd9Hx_WqSg.jpg
    HfwGbwdFRHGqBd9Hx_WqSg.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 44
  • pkLgQk48QeKsL7cwrFgGzw.jpg
    pkLgQk48QeKsL7cwrFgGzw.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 41
  • ruA1KMYkSP2Hot1-AgJ-5w.jpg
    ruA1KMYkSP2Hot1-AgJ-5w.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 35

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Awesome purchase, man. I also came from GM and probably will never go back again! Welcome aboard.

ppowell1983

Reaction score
Hello All, I purchased my first Ram/Dodge 3 May 2019, then went on Vacation 5 Days later. Just got back and am having fun figuring out my new Ram! I've been planning on purchasing a Pickup for years. At first I thought I was getting a Ford...In fact November of 2016 I hit a deer in my 2000 GMC Yukon XL and figured it would be totaled so I went Ford shopping. However, the insurance adjuster gave me an option to get it repaired and I jumped at the chance. Fast forward to now, and I was planning to buy a GMC AT4 by the end of the year to replace my aging Yukon XL. I have been impressed with my 19 year old Yukon so I decided I would give GMC another go. Well, I made the mistake of test driving the RAM (as well as the GMC and Ford) and it was a no brainer. I have now come full circle, because about 10 years ago, I was interested in the Ram pickup...lol. Anyway, I am happy to join the forum and have already found useful information by viewing the wealth of info on this site. Thanks for all the info.

Beautiful truck.

They had it roped off in the showroom? Never seen that before on a Pickup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RaysFanBoy

Reaction score
I was in the same boat and had my heart sat on the new Silverado Trail Boss. Then I sat in one and it felt cheap and underwhelming. I did like the exterior, but the at times wasn’t in love with the front end. The new Ram was just too impressive inside and out and I pulled the trigger Monday July 1st after all these amazing deals were to be had. Having never owed a Ram or FCA product, I was a little hesitant, but boy this vehicle has really impressed me.

You made and great choice and your Ram looks fantastic! Congratulations.

Attachments

• CBDDC48A-129E-45DF-8B46-3355B44E927B.jpeg
    CBDDC48A-129E-45DF-8B46-3355B44E927B.jpeg
    163.1 KB · Views: 11
  • BE85B2A2-F918-4B2B-89F4-64F750A611F1.jpeg
    BE85B2A2-F918-4B2B-89F4-64F750A611F1.jpeg
    172.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 7790598F-1D17-413F-851F-1C752BD7CCE5.jpeg
    7790598F-1D17-413F-851F-1C752BD7CCE5.jpeg
    126.1 KB · Views: 9

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yup, I thought I was going to buy another Tundra ( I didn't even want a new truck, mine was fine, but I wanted the cash from it and traded that for a payment).

Test drove Ford, Toyota, Nissan, and Ram. (I sat in a Chevy at the Big E and that was enough for me to know)

Can't possibly pay what they want for any truck nowadays and walk out of a dealer with anything less nice than the Ram. Just didn't make sense.

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score

That thing is gorgeous!

Cptcoolie

Reaction score
I was in the same boat and had my heart sat on the new Silverado Trail Boss. Then I sat in one and it felt cheap and underwhelming. I did like the exterior, but the at times wasn’t in love with the front end. The new Ram was just too impressive inside and out and I pulled the trigger Monday July 1st after all these amazing deals were to be had. Having never owed a Ram or FCA product, I was a little hesitant, but boy this vehicle has really impressed me.

You made and great choice and your Ram looks fantastic! Congratulations.
Wow! nice beast!

Users who are viewing this thread