5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Those with upgraded (larger wheels / tires) - What do you do for a spare?

Psyonic64

Reaction score
N00b question. I bought my truck off the lot. It has dealer installed lift and these big-assed Terra Grappler tires.
(305 /55 R20 121S E2 BSW)

The spare is (I assume) the factory provided "temp" 245/70 R18.

This size disparity (should I blow a tire) basically renders the spare useless, doesn't it?

For those of you who've upsized your wheels/tires - do you buy a 5th for a spare? Would it even fit underneath?

R

Rob5589

You can run it, with some caveat's; don't run it in 4 wheel drive, not a good idea to run it on a limited slip. Other than that, you'll be fine for short distances until you get the main tire repaired.

JHRebel

Reaction score
You can run it, with some caveat's; don't run it in 4 wheel drive, not a good idea to run it on a limited slip. Other than that, you'll be fine for short distances until you get the main tire repaired.
This...not for long term use but it’ll get you home or to a safe place until you repair or replace the tire.

kittyjo

Reaction score
Will a 35/12.5/20 fit underneath as a spare?

U

User_21361

Apparently the stock rebel (275/70/18) size duratracs fit under there. I plan to get a matching spare.

JHRebel

Reaction score
Apparently the stock rebel (275/70/18) size duratracs fit under there. I plan to get a matching spare.
Yes it will, but the lack of accommodatIng larger sizes is an oversight on RAMs part imho, jeep has done a decent job considering that and I wish ram would follow.

wiendog

Reaction score
I can fit a 305/55/20 under the truck.I am looking for a 6 lug 20 inch spare wheel though.

Users who are viewing this thread