5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Those with bed covers...?

HydroRebel

Reaction score
I never noticed a MPG increase either after installing a tonneau cover, though, I wasn't really paying attention as I get horrible fuel economy anyways. Like most people here I like to keep the bed contents out of sight and plus I like the look of a tonneau cover.

Thewrangler73

Reaction score
This might sound crazy to you guys, but my bed cover SERIOUSLY increases my highway mileage. I've tried driving with it on and off many different times, and every time it's the same results. When I have it on, I get 18-22 at 75mph, depending on wind (I live in southeast north dakota, so its pretty dang flat here, but we get some crazy winds). When I have it off, I get maybe 12-25 mpg, again dependent on winds. My driving style doesn't change at all between having it on or off.

For the record, I have a 2019 crew cab with 5.7 NO etorque, 3.21 gears, about 30000 miles on her. I use a access roll up tonneau cover. I paid 100 bucks for it since a friend of mine works at the factory here in my hometown that they make them in.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread